nebumtone help anyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I take this and was wondering if anyone gets relive for it. It helps me most of the time but I am concerned about the side affects.

Sheila
  2. proteinlady

proteinlady New Member

I started taking this as the brand drug in September 1995. I've take 2g a day and am pretty functional with it. It's the only NSAID that doesn't bother my stomach. My doc checks both my kidney and liver function every 4 months. I have been tolerating this drug well for almost 13 yrs.
  3. jinlee

jinlee Member

It also tore up my stomach and had to stop it after two weeks.

I am still trying to repair my stomach damage. I have tried all NSAIDS and it did work the best though for my pain.

I also was scared of side effects, considering my health is not that good anyway and a very high HSCRP. I certainly don't need any added threats to my heart, etc.

Jinlee.
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I didn't know that your kidney and liver needed to be checked on this drug. I will call my reheumy. about this. I do plan on stopping the med. now that I have read the side effects. Now wonder my bp is high and I have edmema. I am scared though of the pain that will be back but don't really know what else to do.

Thanks for the help.
    Sheila
  5. kaymac

kaymac New Member

I didn't know about the side effects or that blood work should be checked.

I'm seeing a new rheumy next week after being on the drug since Fall of last year. I'll ask her about all this.

I don't think I've noticed any help with it. I continue to have pain in joints and the FM pain of course. So I skip it alot because why bother.