Neck and Back Surgery on Thursday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Feb 14, 2007.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Happy Valetine's Day! No matter how or with who you do, or don't spend it with!

I am having surgery tomorrow, which I really need to have. It's long and extensive, but it helps at all, it will be worth it. Thinking of a 50 y/o being to out do anyone above 30!! Dreams are good! LOL

If you would send some prayers, best wishes, shout outs (LOL), they would be appreciated!

Best to you all! Take care of yourselves!!!! That is important!

2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Best wishes with the surgery tomorrow,hope all goes well,& lets hope you're on the mend soon.
    Happy Valentine's,Paul.
  3. TKE

TKE New Member

They're doing your neck & back at the same time???

I need both mine done & was told they'd do only one at a time. I'm in the "wating" process. Herniated lower back Oct. 2004. Herniated neck Aug. 2006. Have nerve compression & stenosis in both. Nerve & muscle deteriation in both legs. Been denied surgery twice, as the Neurosurgeon tells me surgery " at this time" will only correct 25% of my symptoms.

I would be very interested in your story, surgery & post surgery if you wouldn't mind posting it.

I wish you the best for a successful out come.

4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for your good wishes!

You sound similar to me. The only part of my spine not affected is the middle part. I have all of the same things going on in my back and neck. My neck hardly moves, and about the same for my back!

I saw a highly recommended orthopedic surgeon last year. He said my spine was one of the worst he'd ever seen. Especially for being so young, 49! LOL He also said surgery was probably be the only way I would get any relief. He suggested I try other things, but they did nothing.

I also saw a neurosurgeon for my neck only. He said it was so bad he wouldn't touch it.. HUH? Looked at his report at ortho doc's office,several weeks ago, and it read, 'unless further injury'..

Several weeks ago, I asked him if he could do both. He said he's done it before, and warned me of the increase in pain and healing, but also felt it was a good way to go. I wouldn't have to worry about doing it again.

My cousin is an orthopedic nurse and said he is the best and to go for it.

I will let you know, as soon as I can, how surgery went, etc. As I heal, I will keep you up to date! My husband is going to post on the 'What's on your to do list' thread, in several days to let everyone know how I did through surgery. Feel free to check it out! It's a good thread too!

You might want to talk with a good orthopedic surgeon about your situation. Just a thought!

Take care!

Right then and there
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

My prayers are with you as you go through with Surgery!,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,S
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Today on Montel Williams his guest was Sylvia Brown. She said we all have at least 5-6 guardian angels with us at all times.

Envision your angels all standing around you, guiding everyone to take perfect care of you. I will keep you in my prayers. I am sure you have a excellent doctor.

Best of luck to you...
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Praying your surgery goes well today. I am interested in your progress, especially since my mom found out she has degenerative disc disease. She may need surgery and her cervical and lumbar areas are both affected. She is 73, so I'm hoping she is not denied because of age...she should have some good years left! Keep us posted as you are able.....
    God bless,
  8. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Prayers going up... and I'm interested in knowing what happens too. (DDD, Stenosis, Spondylolisthesis and degenerative disc here.. go back for my CT results on the 1st)
    Good luck and heres hoping everything goes perfect!
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Oh I missed this. I am praying for you and thinking of you right now as you must be in surgery.

Let us know how you are and many blessings and a speedy recovery.

Love Annie Cromwell
  10. sues1

sues1 New Member

Prayers and good thoughts are sent your way. Let us know how you are doing. I guess your DH will do that. Thank him for that.

Many Blessings.........Love, Susan
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Gentle hugs and warm wishes going out your way....

Rest and get better.

Nancy B
  12. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I just wanted you to know that I've been thinking of you and hoping that the surgery went well. Take care and have your husband give us an update soon!

13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Prayed for you yesterday, and hoping when you read this, you will be encouraged by how loved you are by so many.

Take care of yourself, and I will continue to pray for you and your quick, FULL recovery. You need a bit of time without pain, my dear!

14. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Thinking of you.. hope it all went well!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

16. Shalala

Shalala New Member

HAHAHA ... my Angels must all have broken wings or FMS too?