Neck and shoulder pain??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fairydust39, Oct 20, 2008.

1. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

have severe neck and shoulder pain,sometimes all the way down my arm. BUT mostly in my neck area.
    What can I use to stop the pain besides drugs?
    Tens unit,infared therapy etc ????

2. lyricraine

lyricraine New Member

Hi Fairydust! I get the same thing all the time and I use the Max Strength Ben Gay patches hope this helps

3. deserella

deserella Member

I have been getting terrible neck pain that goes into my skull and gives me a headache. I went to a physical therapist last week and she said I had asymmetrical issues and I also have a pelvis misalignment which causes one shoulder to be higher than the other, one leg shorter, ect. This problem has caused me to have mild scoliosis. So I have another appointment tomorrow with a different therapist who specializes in what I have. They suspect that this asymmetrical could be the root of my fibromyalgia.

I don't know if this is what you have, but I thought I'd post this anyway just in case it helps someone out there. Good luck with trying to get rid of the pain. I take Tramidol for my pain, it's a low grade prescription pain pill, but not a narcotic. There are times when it is not enough and I need Loratab or Percacid, but it get's me through 90% of the time.
  4. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Have you had an xray of your neck? An MRI? If not I would look into it.
    I had the pain you are speaking about for 20 yrs before finding out I had injured it in a horse back riding accident.
    I would pack my neck and shoulder in ice all night.This was the only way is would stop hurting temporarily.
    I eventually had surgery.I had 2 large bone spurs,3 discs removed and 3 plates and 8 screws put in.I did help with the pain.It still bothers me,but have improvement with it.

This may not be your problem.But it would be good to check into it. Hugs,Robin
  5. christinanny

christinanny New Member

You can try Therma Care heat wraps they last 8 hours and take some of the pain and tention away.
  6. yanni

yanni New Member

Try a warm to hot bath soak with Epsom salts. and after your soak rub the areas that hurt with Vicks Vapor Rub. (wear something old it will stain clothing) I have been doing this for over a year now. I swear by it. Good Luck

Yanni[This Message was Edited on 10/30/2008]