Neck and shoulder pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pat UK, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

seems to be increasing since the nights have been drawing in. I have been almost pain free at night during the summer months and my sleep pattern has been good but the last 2 weeks I have had disturbed sleep,this happens every year, does anyone else experience this?
    Pat.
  2. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

seems to be increasing since the nights have been drawing in. I have been almost pain free at night during the summer months and my sleep pattern has been good but the last 2 weeks I have had disturbed sleep,this happens every year, does anyone else experience this?
    Pat.
  3. caring

caring New Member

I get worse every time the season changes.

I don't have an answer why or a solution either but just wanted to let you know your not alone.

Blessings
    pat
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have you tried Melatonin for this? I understand it helps the change in the long days/nights thing. People use it when they travel from on time zone to another.

I helps reset your body clock.

I don't have the problem much where I am, as the summer so gradually blends into the fall. It does not get too cold or drastic here often.

Hope you find a solution.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

My Rheumy told me that consistent temperature is the single most important environmental influence on FMS, which is why he feels Florida or Hawaii are the best places to live, despite the humidity. For example, for the past 5 months our weather has been almost exactly the same every day, with no more than about 12 degrees seperating the low temp from the high temp, and we still have at least one more month of this before "winter" comes. "Winter" means temps are 20 degrees lower, but still with no more than 20 degrees between the high and low, ie. a low of 50 and a high of 70 degrees. I have seen people with mild FMS almost "cured" just by moving here.
    Where I come from originally, I have seen a snowstorm on a Sunday, followed by a high temp of 94 degrees on the following Thursday! Ups and downs like that are very hard on anyone's health, esp. us! Barometric pressure changes seem to bother us also, maybe because so many of us also have arthritis.
    You are not alone, that's for sure!
    Klutzo
    P.S. I had a very nice man in my support group who was from London and had moved here on Doctor's advice to improve his FMS. It did help him a great deal, but he and his family moved back after a few years anyway because he could not stand the "country noises"! I thought this was amazing, since this is the most densely populated county in Florida, with 2 million people crammed on a penninsula and the surrounding sprawl, but he said the birds and frogs at night were driving him bananas! It just goes to show that Dorothy was right, "there's no place like home"!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2002]
  6. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

is a hobby for some of us, since weather changes seem to affect our level of discomfort. I also have neck and upper back pain, tho much of that is from arthritis, not uncommon with Fibro folks! Our Phoenix summer has been a scorcher, but I seem to feel better in hot, dry weather. Al
  7. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

We went to Vermont this summer for a week where there is not much humidity and I was in their brook with 62 degree water and I didnt have a problem with my muscles all week. I'm ready to move there if it helps..ha
  8. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I had to leave Beautiful Idaho because it's so cold most of the year. I moved back to Ca., but we still have some nasty weather that makes me ache worse.

I just got through doing some errands, my car isn't running and I am forced to take a Bus around town.

Now my Neck and shoulders and back and feet, all Hurt. My nose is all plugged up from the Fumes of all the Buses, Semi's and other cars. So now I have a headache.

So not only the weather can make me hurt, the enviroment where I Live, gets to me.
    My Car will be Running by the end of the Week.
    (I hope, please GOD).

Hope you have a Nice and Painfree Evening,
    kredca4