neck muscle tension..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stillafreemind, Jun 11, 2003.

1. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

Hi..I am having a heck of a time with headaches the last four or five days. I am just about positive it is from the muscles in my neck and across my shoulders..especially the right one.

I try rubbing them..my husband trys rubbing them..and it works for a bit..but then they tighten right back up and really lay me out with a bad head.

I have tried Tylenol, and Vicks and honey and nothing works yet. I sure am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance...Sherry
  2. Ishy75

Ishy75 New Member

I posted yesterday about how 2 tablets of Hyland's Calms Forte took a knot the size of a golf ball out of my neck for me that I've had for over 2 months. I was amazed that it could reduce the stress that much for me and get rid of that painful knot. I'm not sure it works for everybody but it temporarily worked for me and the best thing is it's available over the counter at any drugstore. Just a suggestion. :eek:) Warm Hugsssssss.

Ishy
  3. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I am sorry I did not respond earlier..but the head was killing me! Mema...I am trying to work the knots out..and I am sooo very blessed to have a hubby who tries. And Ishy..I am really thinking on the Calms Forte. Do you know of any down sides to it? It sounds like something that would really help me. If I can get that rigidity outta my muscles sooner, I can head the migranes off maybe.

Again..thank you both for your replies. I am in a flare..hate to admit it. But like my Mom said..this too shall pass..remember the good two or three months you have just had. I know she is right..just felt so good to feel better!!

Have a great day..Sherry
  4. Ishy75

Ishy75 New Member

I searched around and couldn't find any down sides to Calms Forte. The only warning I found was "DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE TAKING SEDATIVES OR TRANQUILIZERS WITHOUT FIRST CONSULTING A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL." I found many recommendations for it on quite a few of the FMS news boards and at the FMS community site. If you can give it to your children I would imagine it is quite safe. If you have any allergies to any of the following you shouldn't take;

INGREDIENTS: Each 4 gr. tablet contains plant extract of Passiflora Inc, HPUS 1x triple strength (Passion Flower), Avena Sativa HPUS 1x double strength (Oat), Humulus Lupulus HPUS 1x double strength (Hops), Chamomilla HPUS 2x (Chamomile) plus each of the following: Calcarea Phosphorica HPUS 3x (Calcium Phosphate), Ferrum Phosphorica HPUS 3x (Iron Phosphate), Kali Phosphoricum HPUS 3x
    (Potassium Phosphate), Natrum Phosphoricum HPUS 3x (Sodium Phosphate), Magnesia Phosphoricum HPUS 3x (Magnesium Phosphate) in a base of Lactose USP.

That's all the help I can give you other than they worked for me. Hope this helps. Warm Hugssssssss.

Ishy
  5. Elbryan

Elbryan New Member

Since i started stretches for my neck twice a day my neck pain and headaches have almost completely gone. Give it a try but dont over stretch.