neck pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lazygrant, Oct 22, 2002.

1. lazygrant

lazygrant New Member

i have been having a hell of a time with neck pain. i know that i have a degenerative disease in my spine. I am only 42! every once in a while, when i feel up to it, i go to the chrio. any suggestions on the neck, massage or chiro? oh forgot to mention i have chronic fatigue. i read this board daily. thanks to all who contribute. hope to do the same some day.

2. lazygrant

lazygrant New Member

i have been having a hell of a time with neck pain. i know that i have a degenerative disease in my spine. I am only 42! every once in a while, when i feel up to it, i go to the chrio. any suggestions on the neck, massage or chiro? oh forgot to mention i have chronic fatigue. i read this board daily. thanks to all who contribute. hope to do the same some day.

3. sapphire

sapphire New Member

Hi Grant,
    I just wanted to welcome you to the board. I don't really have any suggestions for you. I also just started with severe neck pain back in the summer. I've been thinking about going to a chiro but I'm a little apprehensive. I can't really decide what to do.
    I also have CFS and FMS. What a pain. (pun intended)
    I hope you find relief soon.

Sapphire
  4. lindasue

lindasue New Member

yep, and in my neck as well. I had neck surgery in '87 for a ruptured disc. Anyway. I haven't had a lot of problems with it until this flare up with Fibro. I have CFIDS/Fibro.
    They usually go hand and hand.....However, I was dx with epstein barr/chronic fatigue in '97 and was pretty sick for about 3 years......Then it went into "remission" (i guess that is what happened). Until the first of this year....Then came the "flu" all the time.....I knew..IT WAS COMING BACK!!! It hit me so hard the first of September that I really thought I was dying...bone cancer or something horrible like that.....I could hardly walk.
    Now I have been dx having Fibro along with all the other stuff.....NOW to your question about neck pain...I take pain pills and other meds to help with sleep..etc. and I also have neck wrap type thing that I heat up in the microwave....I use it almost all the time...and it has a wonderful Lavender scent that is soo relaxing. As I said, along with the meds....this pillow/wrap (it doesn't actually "wrap around your neck) it is kind of like a neck "shawl".....It does help some with my neck and shoulders.....and again.....the scent is wonderful.
    Good luck,
    And Gods Blessings,
    Linda