Neck pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sunshyne1027, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Been having some severe neck pain. Along with fevers. Thought it was just a virus that my fam has been having..But they are all better. The neck pain is bad. Continued on and off fevers. Sleeping is awful.. Can only sleep a couple hours at a time. I am feeling sleep deprived. Taking pain meds, they help some. Ice packs along the neck too have been helping a little.

Taking a break from message boards for a bit. Until I feel better. Be back when I can.
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Not sure on the fevers still. Don't have insurance, and it takes so long to get a appointment with a low cost health clinic that I go to. Trying to do the best I can.

Never had any neck pain with the FM, until I was in a car accident, whiplash. It comes and goes the neck pain. Its been awhile since I have had it, and it caught me by surprise. I know that it comes on more intense too when I am under alot of stress. Been under stress big time lately. When stressed it causes the neck and shoulders to hurt more, spasm also.

Will try and get to a doctor soon about the on and off fevers along with this neck pain.

Thanks for the suggestions on how to relieve it some.

I been taking vicodin and skelaxin for the pain. It helps for a few hours, then back again.

[This Message was Edited on 08/10/2003]
  3. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Seen too in your profile you are originally from Lancaster Ohio? I am in Columbus myself. Small world.

:)
  4. spudzy

spudzy New Member

Sunshine..I also have lots of neck pain and pressure...sometimes it feels like my head is going to explode...not a normal headache....this does go along with FM...some people don't have head/neck pain...when it flares up it really take a long time to calm down...I have been having lots and lots of this for several weeks...I do believe some of it is caused by the damp weather..I also live in OH on the WV boarder...lots of fog, dampness and rain this year...in fact I just told my Dr. that I have not felt good or even half good since last Thanksgiving...lots os sinus problems...no meds seem to do any good...some days we wonder if we can keep going....I guess we will just have to hang in there...where do you live in OH...good luck, Spudzy
  5. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I was born and raised here in Columbus PackMan. But then also.. spudsy.. I have lots of family in southrern Ohio, near Gallipolis/Oak Hill. I go to a church called the Vineyard Christian Fellowship. Love it there. Its like home.

Know thats right about the cold winters, the humid summers. Fall is on the way though! Its really beautful here this time of year. Thought about moving evenutually also. Maybe down the road when we can financially.

Thanks for the well wishes both of you!