Neck surgery in 1 week...scared...input needed!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Julygal, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Julygal

Julygal New Member

I posted this on the message board, too.
    I covet your prayers for my neck surgery on Aug.18th. Being 59 yrs. old & having had lots of experiences,(personal, family, & friends) I KNOW God is with me, He never fails, and always provides. But humanly speaking, I still get scared!
    Also, if you have any input or suggestions, I would be most appreciative. Tomorrow I have an EMG & I'm not really thrilled about that! Ha!
    Since I've been diagnosed with FMS,MPS,CFS & OA, I'm concerned about what happens AFTER surgery...like major flares?! Again, I know God will provide.
    Thank you, already, for your prayers!
    With my love and prayers for you,
    Carolyn
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

You`re on my prayer list this week. What kind of neck surgery are you having? I have a lot of problems with my neck also.(DDD and OA) I go visit the chiropractor alot.

I just had my knee scoped to repair torn cartilage three weeks ago. It went well and I`m sure yours will go well also.

Take care and let us know how your doing.

Sandyz
  3. Julygal

Julygal New Member

God was definitely going before me with all that transpired yesterday! My husband & I spent from 10 am til 6 pm at the hospital.
    I had the EMG done; met with my Dr. & viewed MRI report...
    Yikes! The 2 discs are really close to the spinal cord.
    Our questions were certainly answered & our prayers, too. Now we know that this has to be done. I'm having an Anterior
    Cervical Discectomy and Fusion surgery. The 2 discs are being replaced with banked bone, & titanium plates will be screwed into place.
    May God bless each of you, & thank you so very much for your prayers. That means everything!
    Love & prayers for you,
    Carolyn
  4. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I just wanted to let you know, I am still praying for you.
    Takesha
  5. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Precious Father...we thank you for your spirit that lives strong within these frail bodies. We just ask that in the name of Jesus you would cause your Spirit to rise up in Carolyn and cause all fear of the unknown to leave her. We ask that you will surround her with your Peace and comfort her, that Father you will bless the hands that will operate on her, we thank you for your love. In Jesus name...amen.
    love, Rebel
  6. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

also with you. Any surgery is scary epecially in that area. I too am looking at possible neck surgery.I have a bone spur hitting my spinial cord. I see the neuro-surgeon on Sept 8. The best of luck to you.....queenbee
  7. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

I will pray that the Lord will calm your soul and give you the faith to believe he will be with you during this surgery. He will provide. You will have many people here praying for you which has so much power through Christ. God Bless, Love mama