neck & throat pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amy24co, Nov 10, 2005.

1. amy24co

amy24co New Member

I was wondering if anyone ever has problems with neck pain and throat pain. I feel like my throat is tight and I can never swollow correctly? My throat is sore and feels dry and raw. I live in colorado so I know it's very dry here. Average hunidity is 15% :-0 ........
    I have allergies and sinus problems so not sure it's an FM thing. Do allergies go along with FM? I feel like my neck has been hit by a truck......sorry to be so dramatic......just got diagnosed 2 weeks ago, although I always knew........
    any help? I'm so confused and nervous.....they ruled out RA.....which is good because my RA levels were high.....
    it's always something with me that cant be explained! so frustrated......
    Amy
  2. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

You might want to check out Lymenet dot org and see how so many of your symptoms line up with lyme disease. (I was looking over some of your posts and even saw where someone mentioned that to you.)

I spent 30 something years going from one doctor to the next and always had strange and weird symptoms they couldn't figure out.

I was diagnosed through the FFC and there is one in Denver. They are about the only ones who do the blood work for viruses, micoplasma, lyme, toxins, etc.

Sandy

3. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

amy24co,

I had my esophagus dilated due to Diffuse Esophageal Spasms in 1995, 1996 and 2004. Each time my symptons were lump in throat, choking on food and drink and even my saliva.

After each dilation it was so wonderful to be able to eat and drink without being afraid of going out to dinner and embarrasing me and whoever I was with.

Dee
  4. earn

earn New Member

Amy---I am having the same prob--for about 6-7 months now. Been to several doctors--and all kinds of tests and xrays. All they have come up with is acid reflux.I have a good friend who just had surgery fo stop so much acid from "backing" up. She had developed ulcers on her vocal cords, due to the acid.

They did not mention surgery to me---mine was not that bad---but the swallowing was awful--and very freightning.I take antiacids-and Zanac for anxiety.

I would start with an ENT dr--then to GAstro. Hope you feel better soon.
    Don`t wait too long to see a doctor--Laverne