nedd help for pt fibro, in Lasalle, Co. Illinois

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bordie, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Bordie

Bordie New Member

I've been trying to find someone to help me with fibro. treatment for a couple of years. I've been in such a "fibro fog" for so long. I can sit at the computer for a little while but by the time I find a sight that I might find help at I'm too tired to or SORE to sit there anylonger.

This all started with a complication to a hysterectomy called a vesicovaginal fistula. It caused me major depression (not knowing why I was wetting myself) and pt fibro (from trying to "Hold It' for 7 mo.). Depression and pt fibro, Diagnosed by my family dr., who was honest enough to admitt he doesn't know enough to treat me.

I have not worked in 2 yrs and have no insurance, have applied for public aide med. card(with a 6 mo. wait for determination,Have an attorney for SSD (in the appeals proc. no hearing set yet) and NO SUPPORT FROM HUSBAND. He's "been there" for me but always wants to know when I'll have sex again. NOT INTERESTED!!!!!!

2. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

cant help you with looking for drs cuz i dont live in that area but have you checked out the cahht room its a great place to meet people who understand what you are going through and we usually make each other laugh hope to see you there!!
  3. Bordie

Bordie New Member

dear mlc428, thanks for responding, don't know how to use chats, tried once, VEEERY,VEEEEERY ANTISOCIAL because of alll this. don't quite know how to deal with it all yet and all I do is "whine" so I've been told!!!!
  4. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Sorry you are having a hard time...It is really hard to find a dr. I'm sure a lot of us are still looking..

First of all you need to find someone who is a little more supportive of you..since it sounds like your husband is not...Do you have a relative or a friend?? Of course we are always here for you!!

I am from IL. but not in your area..And I too am still looking for a good dr.

There are some on here that are in the dr. referals on the home page..Just look up ones in IL...

Good luck..Keep us posted

SherylD
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sorry for what you are going through.

I lived near where you are a few years back.

I had fibro then. I went to a doc in Woodridge, Illinois. His name was Dr. Dominick Costabile. He was a D.O.....and very understanding! He was one of my first docs to know my problem...and really tried to help me.

I lived in Aurora. It was a drive...but he was good and was the best that I had been to.

I had insurance....but he might see you and work with you.
    If you are interested I will give you the address.

MamaR
  6. Bordie

Bordie New Member

good morning! Thanks to SherylD and MamaR!!! Thanks for responding. It's nice to get a little encouragement. Yes I have a friend, used to be a neighbor and she has had fibro for 8 yrs. She's been alot of help in someways, But she also has a family and a career and is always exhausted, go figure!!!! Good news though, I found a mental health center near me that willl help on a sliding scale and she is going to go with me for the intake to let them know who I "USED TO BE" and who I'm not now!!! But at least I'm getting started.. I'm soooo thrilled!!!! bye for now!!!