Need a FM Doctor in Memphis, TN PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ChristinaV, Jul 16, 2003.

1. ChristinaV

ChristinaV New Member

I live in Memphis TN. I was diagnosed with Fibro about 1 year ago by a rheumatologist the my GP sent me to. She acted like it was beneath her to treat me because she said that Fibro was more of a chemical imbalance than rheumatological disorder and that her specialty just got handed because it dealt with muscle and joint pain. She also said that Fibro was caused by lack of good sleep. She upped my antidepressant dosage and gave me sleeping pills.

Well, I have several problems Fibro, TMJ, Diabetes, Sleep Apnea, Obese --- to name a few.

I need an understanding doctor willing to work with me and my pain.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Christina, welcome to the board. We do have a 'Doctor Referrall' link at the top of this page, just click there and the doctors are listed by states.

Also, you can call the 'FM Network' at; 1-800-853-2929 and they will be glad to recommend one in your area.

Glad you found our board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

Hi,

I'm in Cordova. I'm am too looking for a doctor that mainly deals with FM. My Internal medicine doctor is helping me right now with great frustration. I quit going to the rhumey...he didn't do pain med.

I was just sent to a neurosurgeon yesterday for some other stuff. They're bringing me back in for trigger injuctions. The doctor I will be seeing is a pain management doctor. I will let you know how this goes. Maybe he'll help.

Tammy
  4. LTLadyVols

LTLadyVols New Member

While I do not go to Doctor Hanissian a friend of mine does and loves the way they treat her at his clinic. She says he totally believes in FM and is very kind and understanding. I am still using an Internist since Dr. Hanissian is not on my insurance plan or I would got to him as well!

Try the Hanissian Clinic. It is near Humphreys and Walnut Grove.

Good luck!