Need a FM doctor in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ecutwinsmom, May 4, 2006.

1. ecutwinsmom

ecutwinsmom New Member

This is my 1st post. Can someone recommend a doctor in NC that is in tune with FM? The doctor I have now is not treating my FM only my osteoarthritis. But I have FM, osteo, and sleep apena. My pain level is anywhere from 8-10 daily. I have ask him about disability and his answer was, "you are not disable as long as you can sit and answer the phone or stuff envelopes." I have told him how my hips ache and hurt after sitting for awhile, along with every other part of my body, but it seems like everything I tell him he just notes it in my chart sometimes and ignores me. I really, really need to change doctors but don't know how to find a good one in NC. I live near Charlotte, NC so if anyone knows of a good doctor please, please let me know. Also would like to know what meds are helping you deal with life. Thanks for your help.
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

at the top of this page. Or type "The Fibrmyalgia Advocate" into your search engine and you will come to Devan Starnyl's website. She has a lot of information there, including a listing of "good docs" and their specialties.