Need a good CFS/Fibro doc in Denver metro area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by ILoveGreen, Feb 3, 2013.

1. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

ASAP! I recently moved back to CO and am in Boulder County and need to get re-established. I know how long it can take to get a "new patient" appointment, and would appreciate any personal referrals or info anyone has to offer on a doc who is well-versed on Fibro and pain managment. I do not like SSRI's or SNRI's: they do not work for me, and I have tried them all over the years. I also need a neurologist for migraine/pain management and prophylactic medication who can monitor some neurological abnormalities as well.

I have several Rx meds which I am doing well with, which is part of my concern: I'm hoping a new GP won't want to try a totally new approach while I'm buying a new home, trying to go back to work, and generally adjusting to a whole new lifestyle. Ultimately someday I'd like to go back to a totally holistic approach when I can afford it (after I'm able to find a decent paying job and get regular insurance again would help!) but I know I must be patient, and take on one change at a time, do it slowly, and do it when it is conducive to my schedule. Too many changes at once is a recipe for disaster. I think I'm on the right track, with an arsenal of patience and knowledge of "the system" on my side.

There is nothing I would like to more than be able to go back to work; it's going on 13 years since I became 100% disabled, and I have yet to find anything to replace this tremendous void I've experienced ever since. Granted, the work for which I am applying and the business I am hoping to run are far less ambitious than my former career, but that's not the point. I just need a reason to get up and feel valuable every day. Work was and still is such a huge part of my life. I'm single and don't have kids, so anything would be better than this shadow of an existence I've been living. Plus, earning $ would be good for my self-esteem too, rather than spending my savings & retirement funds on treatments with short-lived results, all claiming to "cure" me only to leave me feeling better for a day or so, but leaving a permanently negative impact on my finances, never to be regained. I stopped keeping track after

Already, it has been several months since I've seen a chiro, accupuncturist, and have had regular massage when I used to go regularly, which was my mainstay for functioning as welll as I did, Thankfully the warmer, arid temps in CO are better to deal with as far as the fibro pain goes, but I still need pain meds on occasion to get me through the rough days when I "have" to do things or have obligations.

Please send me your referrals. I really need some help on this! Also, I've been looking for a local support group to no avail. I will try the local hospitals an 211 & keep looking! Thanks!
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

This is a website of integrative medicine doctors, who are only ones I have found who know anything about CFS or FM, nutrition, etc.

If you scroll over "health resources" at the top of the page, it will give you a list of doctors in your area.

Good luck!

Mary