Need a good Doctor in North Carolina.....Please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendy5, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I am looking for a new Doctor in any part of North Carolina that supports Fibromyalgia and will take over
    prescribing all of my meds.

I live near the eastern part of NC but I am willing to travel if the Doctor is worth it. Fibro isn't well known in my area and many think here it's not real.

The Good Doc list has been somewhat helpful but has some docs that no longer treat fibro or are not taking new patients. I am a little hesitant to schedule with one doctor because they want to collect $300.00 over the phone prior to making appointment. If for some reason appointment can't be kept you don't get refund.

Any replies are appreciated

carolin
  2. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

I live in NC too, I haven't had any luck either. So let me know if you have better luck than me.

Thanks
    Angie
  3. Twinnie

Twinnie New Member

Hi Carolin,

After, many disappointing inquiries by myself to my PCP, she located a rumy, whom was taught by a Dr. John Winfield,
    1-828-757-6414, 322 Mulberry St. SW, Lenoir, NC 28645-5702.

He still practices part time, but was the only doc in NC that truly understood and validated my FM, because he has done extensive research and lectures.

He perscribed meds that were very helpful, to numerous to mention or even remember how to spell.

Pray you find this helpful.

This is only my 4th day in chat and boards, and I am so happy to communicate with others who understand.

Mary
  4. rachelfox

rachelfox New Member

Hey Carolin,

I live in Asheville, NC and my regular family doctor takes care of my meds. I relocated here a little over 3 years ago and had to find a doctor that would continue to keep me on my meds. She believes in and treats Fibo.
    Doctor Jodi Schwab 828-252-2511 You can tell her Kelly sent you and she will know who you are talking about!!
    Good luck to you!
    rachelfox