Need a good GP for Denver

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elaine_in_denver, Jul 16, 2003.

1. elaine_in_denver

elaine_in_denver New Member

I'm trying to find a good DO familiiar with CFS/FMS in Denver area. I have an orthopedic surgeon and a rhuemetologist, but I can't find any one to serve as
    "the ringleader" so I find that my needs are not taken care of. Doctors keep referring me back to9 the other doctor and no one wants to take responsibility. Any suggestions?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Elaine, welcome to the board. We do have a 'Doctor Referral' link at the top of this board, they are listed by states.
    Also you can get a referral from; FM Network at; 1-800-853-2929.

Maybe we have someone here from Denver that could share their doctor with you.

Sorry it took so long to get to you, the board has been so very busy lately.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I can't remember the name of my GP who was excellent. His last name started with Mc and he practiced with his dad, who may now be retired. Their office was out on 6th Ave. in Aurora in the hospital medical center.

Ask you orthopod or rheumy who they recommend or who they go to. That's usually a good way to find a doc.

It's been hotter in Denver than it is down here in SW Florida lately. Stay cool.

Love, Mikie
  4. elaine_in_denver

Thank you so much for answering my message. I will send her an e-mail and ask. Stay well and happy!
  5. elaine_in_denver

Thanks for your reply. I did exactly what you suggested. I contacted my rheumatologist for a referral. I'm going to meet with him next week His name is Thomas Gotlieb, and he has several patients with FMS. Take care of yourself and stay well and happy! Love, Elaine