Need a good laugh? Can anyone top this one???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, May 12, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Hi all - glad the board is up & running again. I was lost yesterday!!

Yesterday when I woke up I could barely move, it hurt to breathe - you know the drill. So I thought I'd try the heating pad; after a half an hour it was obivious that wasn't going to work either. So I did what I just HATE to do first thing in the morning - I took pain meds. I wanted to make a special recipe that I don't make often.

Now is the "can you top this" part. I decided to make this recipe for baked french toast - I hadn't made it for so long. It's got apples, pecans, pure maple syrup (I know - but I was treating myself!) - I did use lo carb bread. Well I'm cooking away & got it in the oven & had to lay down on the couch while it baked. I'm laying there thinking I smell garlic but can't figure out why. Oh well, it's just my smeller messing up. So the french toast is ready, hubby & I sit down at the table & ohhhh it looked so good. Took that first bite & ugh - it hit me. I used GARLIC BREAD! LOL! Oh how awful that tasted. My dear husband ate every bite of his (after he finally picked himself up off the floor laughing)! I couldn't do it. I scraped off the nuts & apples & ate them.

So, can anyone top that?????

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Take care.........Kathi

2. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

I would ask why you were cooking on mother's day but I'm the one whose kids used to come over for dinner on Mother's Day and I would cook dinner before realizing what I was doing.

But that's all in the past now. I seldom cook and they all know it.

I would have eaten your piece, tho, as I love garlic - lots.

Happy Mothers Day, late.

Pam
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I sent my daughter on a school field trip the other day with a sweet cinnamon bagel spread with "triple onion cream cheese". Thought I'd used regular cream cheese. Later she told me she thought that this unusual combination was great! Your husband would probably eat this, too!

Hope you had a great Mother's Day, anyway!

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

I was cooking pitza and chips for the kids the other week and i had bought a new pitza tray non stick put the pitza in the oven and the chips in the chip fryer when i went to dish it up i had forgot to take the polestyrene circle from under the pitza out so it was welded to the new non stick tray and i hadn't put the basket down so the chips were raw the kids thought it was highly amusing and i'm not aloud to cook much either now" hum wonder why"?
    slightly mad cook
    Loopylooxx
  5. coyote

coyote New Member

a friend and I were making cookies in her boyfriend's apartment, and the sugar was in an unmarked jar right next to an unmarked jar of white powdery film developer. Guess which one I put in the cookies?
    Shortly after that, i was on the phone with the poison control center.
  6. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Thanks you guys for your stories. Makes me feel better about some of the insane things I do sometimes. At least we have an excuse.

My sister who also has fms was looking & looking for her glasses & couldn't find them anywhere. She asked my neice if she had seen them & Peggy just started roaring - sis had her glasses on her face!!!LOL Must run in the family!

Take care........Kathi
  7. pands45

pands45 New Member

Kar1953, been quite awhile since I have had a good laugh! It is a great release. I know I dont post much here, but I come here everyday and read everything I can. Thank GOD I found all of u! Thanks!!! Sherri
  8. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

This happened awhile ago but it takes the cake...

I decided to cook fried pork chops for dinner. I turned the stove on, poured some crisco in the skillet and proceeded to flour and season my chops. I walked over to the stove to put them in but the grease wasn't hot enough yet. I set them down on the counter to wait. meanwhile, hubby walked in the door from work. He walked in and said..."Wow babe, the house smells great! You must have cleaned!!" Nope, I told him I hadn't cleaned but as a matter of fact, the house did smell good. I walked back over to the skillet and saw WHY the house smelled so good. I had poured Pine-sol in my skillet thinking it was Crisco!

9. starstella

starstella New Member

I hope you covered for yourself and told hubby it was a new form of aromatherapy!
  10. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Ahhh - but would he take the bait? No sure mine would believe that one, but it is sure worth a try!

My problem is I can't keep my mouth shut - I found it so frustrating & then remembered that my doc said to laugh when these kinds of things happen - it's just part of the DD & we might as well make the best of a bad situation - so I tell hubby what I did & we both got a good laugh.:)

Forever - I think you win the prize so far. Hope to hear some other "good laughs" from others. Your story gave me such a laugh right before I have to leave for work. I'll probably be driving the bus down the road laughing. My kids already think I'm nuts, so this will add fuel to the fire! They knew I'd been sick but they thought it was physical - not mental!:)

All the above stories made me laugh - triple onion cream cheese eh, Pam?

Take care all........Kathi
    [This Message was Edited on 05/13/2003]
  11. leokat

leokat New Member

The week before last I made a chiken stir-fry. Feeling my usual bushed out self I bought ready prepared stir-fry veggies, and pre-prepared chicken strips. I also bought a ready made stir-fry sauce and quick cook noodles. Quite a simple operation to put the stuff together in a wok you'd think but noooo.

Halfway through eating her meal my daughter said:

'Did you get all the chicken mum?'

Nope - I'd only forgotten to put the meat in. There it was sitting on the worktop by the cooker.

I've also:

* Put a Chicken (we like chicken in our house!) in the oven whilst it's still in its plastic packaging.

* Put a raw based pizza - the type that needs to be on a baking tray - straight onto the oven shelf. Ugh the mess took ages to clear up.

There are loads of other things but I forget.

Leo.
  12. Frogdogger

Frogdogger New Member

I vaguely remember doing things like that but I really don't remember! thank goodness I don't have a family to take care of any more... my son is grown now. He got that way, I guess, because my symptoms were very mild then. However, I did give the poor child a 10 mg. valium instead of a Ritalin. Needless to say, I got a call from the school with a drugged child to take to the clinic. Also, another good story involving my aunt (I think she's just dingy) She couldn't find her diaphram, looked and looked. Then, she had a doc's appt. He started to exam her and then said "Missing anything, Reba?"
  13. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

All of these made me laugh. I think it's cool when we can laugh at our own stupidity! One more fibro stupid act I want to share...

When I was able to work I was rushing around one morning because I had slept too late. I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair and was somehow putting my shoes on at the same time. I hopped in the car to go and when I got to work I decided to do one more quick brush of my hair before I went in. I started to brush but my hairbrush got stuck in my hair. I couldnt figure out what could be keeping it from going through so I reached my hand up and felt something gooey. I looked at my fingers and saw toothpaste! I had brushed my hair with a loaded toothbrush!

i have one more stupid thing but I will save it for another time when I am not so embarrased :)
  14. Beth37

Beth37 New Member

Hi,Just had to reply to this.That was a good one. Your husband must be a real good sport and supporter!!! Beth
  15. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

and very supportive. He never did complain about anything I cooked - although I was a professional cook at one time so I do know my way around the kitchen. But now it is harder for me to get a meal together & have everything ready at the same time. But - he never complains - even if I serve him garlic french toast for breakfast. :)

16. lorgirls

lorgirls New Member

One day I woke up for work late rushed and rushed spead to work and went running in only to find I had my pj bottoms on and I didnt even have to work that day!I walked out of there so embarrassed. It should of been easy to remember what days I worked since I always worked Tue/thur/sat.
  17. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

That is halarious!!! These stories have given me such good laughs & really lifted my spirits. Just knowing I'm not the only one doing dumb stuff sure helps.

Take care.......Kathi
  18. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

As i was rushing to get dressed one day, i was out shopping and realised i had my top on back to front you could see the label at the front and when i got home i had put new knickers on in the morning, new out of the packet when i went to the loo i had a large plastic label with the words
    REMOVE BEFORE WAREING in large letters and i had had them on for hours with this crickly plastic label in the crouch of them, lucky i didnt get run over hey.
    Loopyloo xx
  19. LadyMT

LadyMT New Member

My stories aren't nearly so funny but I thought I'd share anyway. We were in church one morning and my teenage daughter looked at me and said "did you forget to put on mascara this morning?" I was self-conscious the rest of the day. It was probably made worse by the fact that a few days before I had forgotten to brush my teeth! UGH!

Debbie
  20. Lau

Lau New Member

Hi! We have to laugh at ourselves sometimes. I get so mad at myself when things like that happen, but laugh later.

Brainfog - Yesterday I almost took my dogs Cushings disease medicine. I had it 1/2 inch from my tongue before I realized what I was doing! LOL! Guess taking pills comes naturally to me.

Regards, Laurie