NEED A LAUGH? -TIME for some HUMOR about this DD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Jun 5, 2006.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I got this from a cf/fm site called 'not done living' - the name alone cracks me up and at the same time cheer!
    ------------

Someone asked me,
    'what do you want to be when you're well?'

The answer?

'Upright!'
    ----

CF/FMs Fashionista styles:

THE PHILOSOPHER/INTELLECTUAL
    "Being ill has made me sit back and see just how fickle fashion is and how it the whole clothes industry is just driven by pure greed and marketing hype.

"Therefore I am a better person for knowing this and just going with the clothes that I like to wear."

THE INDIVIDUAL/RADICAL

"Why be a slave to the fashion industry? I wear what I like, when I like. If I like it and it's comfortable what does it matter if I don't fit into the latest trend or what everbody else thinks? "

THE PARENT

Either laugh, or 'harrumph!' and then say to yourself "Oh my gosh, just LOOK at what the kids of today are wearing!!"

THE YPWC (young person with CF/FM)

"Hey, you should just think yourself lucky I got here! What does it matter whether I am fashionable or not? --

"And anyway, by the time it takes me to get dressed and out of the house, whatever I put on is going to be out of fashion anyway, so who cares?"

THE OLDER HIPPIE or RETRO FASHIONISTA

"Sooner or later it will be back in style and so will I!"

------------

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept
    The things I cannot change,
    The courage to change
    The things I can,
    And the wisdom to hide
    The bodies of Doctors I shot
    When they said,
    "You're perfectly healthy,
    It's All In Your Head."
    -- Author Unknown

--------------------

MEANINGS for the acronym CFIDS
    Clinically "Finished" Instead of Diagnosed, Sorry!

Can't Find Intelligent Doctors, Stupid!

Call Friends If Disease Subsides!

Can Family Insist Diagnosis Sucks?

Changing Focus Incredibly Due to Sickness

---------------------

LOL, hope you got a laugh!

Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 06/05/2006]
  2. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I am personally an "individual" but admit I am into clothes ( even as a sickly female ) .

I ABSOLUTELY despise the CFIDS label . The name is grossly insulting and denies and diminishes the reality of an illness that is often a HELLISH prison . To continue
    forcing this name is almost abuse in my opinion.

Thanks for the laughs .
  3. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

Victoria,

Thanks for the laughs! If I didn't keep my sense of humor I don't know how I'd make it. I've had symptoms of CFS for 11 years now, gained a crapload of weight, and more and more new problems keep cropping up. Like many of us here I could write a list of my symptoms/health problems/doctors/blood work/X-rays/etc. a mile long. It is so absurd!

Just last nite I was telling my brother some of my latest problems and he is a very funny person. So he made this huge joke out of the whole thing, and I laughed so hard I just about wet myself. He said, --You should have your own reality show called "The Good Life, with Lisa".--

Said in a tv announcer's voice--Tune in tonight at 8:00 to see Lisa get her first MRI! With her raging irritable bowel syndrome, there's bound to be trouble!! --

--And don't miss next weeks episode when our lovable heroine gets 26 vials of blood taken.-- Will she faint?-- Tune in and see!!!--

--And be sure not to miss the season finale, when Lisa's physical therapist prescribes a home traction unit for neck pain!!!--

I just thought that it was the funniest thing!!!! And we went on and on with the joke! Hope it made you smile!

Lisa
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Lisa -- yep, you did make me smile! -hmmm, maybe we should propose a reality show based on all this - if there were enough people on it, there'd never be a dull moment., as you illustrated.. unless it were an episode as to "let's see who wakes up first and survives the elimination rounds today!"

Annxyz - LOL I try to look at least halfway in fashion myself when I go out, but find it particularly difficult in summer having to wear all black & long sleeves etc on the MP -- hehe, try to look fashionable while doing that without sweating to death! Thank God for A/C or I'd have to move to the Arctic Circle during summer!

It seems the label of CFIDS is not quite as bad as it once was, - but only by a fraction! - as more people seem to have it... some years ago people would literally back up from me and turn & walk away in mid-sentence as if I were contagious or belonged in a mental hospital, never quite sure what they were thinking...

Too bad we can't have a laugh club here, like the Chinese do, where they meet in parks or wherever and just start laughing... amazing how contagious it can be ! Maybe if we all got on Google's system with headphones and microphones?

LOL, Victoria

5. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

Come on, you know you want to!
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

just in case anyone can remember any...

lolol..

7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I was in a store and a woman said "Cute dress! Where did you get it?"

I said "From a catalog....." Long pause while I tried to remember the name of the catalog. Hopeless!

So I said "I have an illness that impairs my memory".

She laughed!

Then she said "Oh, you're serious?"

LOL! I guess only someone with CFS would find this funny!

The version of the serenity prayer for CFSers made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the humor!

Forebearance
    [This Message was Edited on 06/07/2006]