Need a Lawyer referral for SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wildworld, Nov 16, 2006.

1. wildworld

wildworld New Member

Can anyone give a good referral for an attorney in Louisiana? I just moved here, and my previous attorney only wants to work on the west coast.
  2. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

i just hired one in california not sure if this co is in lou-BINDER & BINDER GOD BLESS AND GOOD LUCK FOY
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

The National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR) has a website that includes info on how to get a lawyer referral by state. Check it out!

When you do find someone, go in for a consultation (they're often free) and make sure the attorney is familiar with your health condition. Actually, I recommend interviewing at least three attorneys. You want a good "fit"--it's like looking for a good doctor.

Good luck!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2006]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Put your location in the title of your post, you may get more responses. Something like "Need SSD Atty. in Louisiana," will catch the eye of those who might be able to help you. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  5. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Hi,
    I don't know your circumstances and if you decided you needed to go on SSDI or your doctors insist. In my case I had three doctors that told me I needed to do it, and two of them did not want to continue treating me unless I stopped working. They believe that I just kept doing myself more harm.

The reason I ask you is... my rheumatologist had the name and number of an attorney that he's worked with in the past. I figured if my rheumy knew all my circumstances and recommended this guy, I should accept his knowledge.

It's killing me not being able to work. I can work a little if I get SSDI, but my lawyer doesn't want me to do anything in the meantime. Of course during this time, I'm flat broke. It's really hard to survive during this whole process.

Good luck.
    Tigger
  6. wildworld

wildworld New Member

thanks for all the responses. they've been helpful. i have a consultation with a second attorney next week - the first was quite familiar with the illness, but a bit batty :)
  7. chillyla

chillyla New Member

Hi,
    I could refer you to mine who won cases for me and for my friend who referred him to me. You can email me at [email address removed as per rules]. You might want to tell me what town you're in, and I can tell you how far you'd have to travel to meet with him.
  8. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

I applied for disability in Jan. 2005 and I was approved in August 2005. I Live in california and I receive SSI and SSDI.

I submitted a daily journal that I kept for 30 days detailing my symptoms. I also was evaluated by both a SSDI state appointed doctor and pyscologist, which I think helped my claim. I also submitted a detailed list of my immediate symptoms and limitaions listed below.

There is an organization if you need an attorney called the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives you can reach them at nosscr.org They are a non-profit/non-commercial organization. There phone number is (800) 431-2804

Limitations from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome:

SYMPTOMS:

-Overwhelming fatigue, exhaustion, weakness, persistent flu-like symptoms and postexertional malaise lasting more than 24 hours.
    - Persistent intractable muscle and joint pain
    - Headaches of a new severity
    - Unrefreshing sleep
    - Sore throat
    - Impaired short term memory and concentration
    - Visual impairments such as focusing
    - Lightheaded and increased fatigue from prolonged standing
    - Dizziness and vertigo
    - Nausea, bloating, indigestion, loss of appetite
    - Confusion
    - Anxiety, and episodes of sadness/ depression.
    - Decreased libido

UNABLE TO:

- stand or sit upright for more than a few minutes on relatively bad days.

- perform activities with a schedule, maintain regular attendance, and sustain an ordinary routine.

- complete a normal workday and workweek without interruption by symptoms and perform at a consistent pace without an unreasonable number and length of rest periods.

- stand, sit upright, and or concentrate for more than three to four hours on relatively good days. (I have had an average of about 10-12 good days per month for the last 12 months)

- walk consecutively for more than 15-20 min. on good days

- walk consecutively for more than a few min. on bad days.

- drive far distances such as 50 miles or more on good days.

- drive at all on bad days.

- lift and or carry heavy objects such as gallons of water or bags of groceries on bad days.

- see clearly for short moments from dizzy spells on both good and bad days.

- perform cognitive tasks, such as things involving simple and detailed verbal and or literary instructions on bad days and frequently on good days.

- focus and concentrate, limiting my ability to read for more than a half hour to an hour on a good day, and no more than a few min. on a bad day.

- maintain attention and concentrate for extended periods of time.

- to understand and remember simple and detailed instructions, work procedures, and conversations on bad days and frequently on good days.
  9. lynnbob

lynnbob New Member

We used Allsup, they have a website. They are nationwide, My wife was approved after 1 month. She became disabled 2/9/06 and we had our first check by the end of September,

We were very impressed, they are used by many LtD carriers!
  10. tweets

tweets New Member

I used ALLSUP also, they have a 95% success rate, and I found them by reading thru alot of peoples stories about who helped them the most. I found so much info right here! I have nothing but high praises for them : I got a letter every month telling me what if anything was happening with my case. Any time I had a question, no matter how small, or, maybe I just needed to know what was going on and wanted to hear a real person's voice, they were always eager to talk with me and give me any info they had, or, sometimes its nice to be able to share your aprhensions or worries with someone who will listen. Who better to talk with than the people that are working for you to help you get what you need and deserve. Sorry this is so long, but, after going thru the whole process, and getting denied 3 times, they fought for me and I didnt even have to go to any hearing, as they did it all for me! They were great! And it took less than a year from the time I sent my info! Take care and God bless you all! Tweets
  11. janie056

janie056 New Member

I used them as well! I was awarded SSD in a year and a half, and I had to do nothing, they did all the paperwork and let me know every step of the way what was going on.
    Please give them a try!

Love ya,
    Jane