Need a little encouragement Doctors appoinment yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sfrazier, May 9, 2006.

1. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Went to my doctors yesterday and heard the last thing I ever wanted to hear. He said that I'm at the best I'm going to be. I know have FM, IBIS, Arthrisits, migraines and of course depression. I am one of the lucking ones I think on this board because the first doctor I went to believed in Fibro but since then there really hasn't been much improvement. I have also seen 4 other doctors besides my first one and the doctor that said this is the best your going to get is off of the good fibro doctors list on this site. Now I'm not sure what to do.

I have been going the Disability route but just last week my case was found unfavorable. The judge stated that he thought I had over stated how bad things really were because I had been able to work while I had migraines and depression before so I should still be able to work. Basicly he was calling me a liar just so I could get disability.

I have written to my senator who has been looking into the case for me and my attorney is looking through the findings to see if there is a reason to appeal but I'm just not feeling very hopeful right now.

The worst part about this is Disability has never sent me to one of their doctors for any testing and they are discrediting my doctor cause he is supposedly just going off what I have said. It's a no win situation. I just feel so depressed over this and just don't know what to do anymore. Thanks for letting me write. This is the best board I know of and it has such great advice so If anyone knows of anything that I can do please please let me know.....SueF
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I agree with Puddleglum. Plus I keep in mind that doctors can be wrong. Don't stop looking for more treatments and even a cure. It could very well come in our lifetime!

BTW...Puddleglum, I take it you have read the "Chronicles of Narnia"? LOL Love the books, and your name.

God Bless.
  3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Thanks guys for the advice. I know that we have to keep going day by day with this DD but somedays get so frustrating. Seems nothing is going right and those are the days that i hate. As for this board I've been here for almost 2 years now so I know how upbeat some of you can be. Yes I have been tested for most of the things this board recommends being tested for. In fact I think if they take one more tube of blood they will have taken it all. lol. Once again thanks...SueF