Need a LLMD in Maryland /update: wrthster

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Kimba4318, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I have found a few docs on lymeliter.org and NONE of them take insurance. IS this normal? I really need to see someone as I have been infected 2x and was notgiven proper treatment. My joints are getting at their worst and I am now having issues with my kidneys.

Is there anywhere else I may be able to find a LLMD?

Thank you for your help... feeling desperate.
    Hugs
    Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 03/06/2007]
  2. wrthster

wrthster New Member

I don't know why most of them do not take insurance, it is ridiculous. There is one I believe in Maryland who does take insurance. His name is Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker, I don't think he is a LLMD, but is very knowledgeable in Lyme and hard to treat conditions.

Google his name and two web sites will come up. It lists his city in Maryland. Then copy the city and put the info into the yahoo yellow pages. That should give you the office number. For some stupid reason they do not give it out on the web sites. Best of luck, wish I could be of more help.
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Oh Thank You! YOu are a BIG help. I will search it now.

Thank you very much!
    Hugs
    Kim
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! I found him.. he is almost 3 hours from here, but will be well worth the drive!! I can tell already by reading about him... it was so refreshing. He writes about the Fibro too! I really appreciate your help!

I will let you know how it goes ... oh and ALSO, he DOES take my insurance.. such a relief!!

Hugs
    Kim
  5. wrthster

wrthster New Member

I am very happy to help. And please let me know how you do and give me a good run down. I had thought of seeing him myself, but I am trying one treatment right now and want to wait a bit.

I am very curious about this guy, I think he is brilliant but do not know anyone who has seen him. I have a feeling you will have a very good experience. BEst of luck!