Need A Lyme Doctor In North Texas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ANNXYZ, Apr 11, 2006.

1. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Does anyone have a suggestion for a doctor who has experience treating chronic lyme disease in Texas ?

I have visited two FFC clinics ( Dallas and Atlanta )
    and neither of the docs there have much lyme expertise .
    I am in East Texas , but not too far from Dallas or even Houston, if necessary .

Thanks !!!
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

The best LL person in the state was an RN that was forced to move her practice to the infamous Dr. Striker in San Francisco. She was practicing in Austin and had tons of patients. After researching around I decided to do what many other Texans as well as people around the nation do and go see Dr. C in Springfield Mo.

You can go to lymenet and there is a posting for people looking for a Dr. in their area. I also found support group leaders in Dallas and Houston at that site that told me of a couple of Dr's in their area.

Once you become a member you can private message me if you need any help.

I'm glad you got a Lyme Diagnosis so at least you know what to fight to get well.

jar
  3. pawprints

pawprints New Member

The doctor there understands Lyme, but likes to treat with herbs, etc. first.

Good luck on your search.
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I suggest also to go to lymenet dot org. There you can post a request for a doctor in your area and people can pm you.

Good luck.