need a recipe for cream candy...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laceymae, Sep 26, 2007.

1. laceymae

laceymae New Member

anybody got one.

I tried one that I found on the internet. It got ugly.

I have a really nice marble slab that cost $60 about 10 years ago, thought that was why the candy flopped, because I didn't have one. That wasn't is.

I love the stuff, but can't seem to get it right.

Oh well, if all else fails(like the candy), I can turn the marble slab into a coffee table

Thanks for any tips, recipes on how to make it
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

What is cream candy? I've never heard of it!

3. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I guess you would call it a type of taffy.

you have to pull it and I'm not sure what the reason for the marble slab...but everyone says you need it for the candy to set.

I just know mine was a tasted good, but it was way to dry and I'm guessing that I didn't pull it long enough.

Most people that I know that make it won't share their recipe because they sell it. esp at
    christmas. $6.00 for one pound

4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I think marble is used to cool down the stuff.

And thanks for the explanation. I'll look for it closer to Christmas!

5. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Hi Lacey,

I found this on the internet....if you do not like it or want to find more just google pulled cream candy and many other recipies will pop up for you! ;)

Let me know if you make this and if you do if it is any good?

Pulled Cream Candy Recipe

3 cups sugar
    1 cup boiling water
    1 cup milk
    1/2 tsp. soda
    1/2 stick butter or margarine
    1 tsp. vanilla or maple extract
    In a large, heavy saucepan, combine 3 cups sugar, 1 cup boiling water; cook over low heat to 234°, soft ball stage. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine milk, soda, and butter; bring just to the boiling point.

When the first mixture gets to soft ball stage*, add the second mixture. Continue cooking, to 258°, hard ball stage. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
    Pour out onto a buttered marble slab. Begin to pull as soon as candy is cool enough to handle with hands. Pull until candy begins to harden. Stretch into long, thin rope. Cut with scissors. Wrap in cellophane wrappers. Makes about 1 1/4 pounds.

*To Test for Soft Ball Stage
    A small amount of syrup dropped into chilled water forms a ball, but is soft enough to flatten when picked up with fingers (234° to 240°).
  6. laceymae

laceymae New Member

this sounds like it might be it.

when the weather starts to cool off a little more I'm wanting to get started on my holiday treats...