Need a SC counselor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zion1971, Dec 23, 2005.

1. zion1971

zion1971 New Member

Hi

I am wondering if anyone knows a good counselor in South Carolina (Columbia) that I can see. I have suffered from CFIDS/FM for the past seven years. In fact, I became ill on Christmas morning 1998. I have never been the same. I am married and have one child. The problem is I have no emotional support. I feel so lonely. I fight depression everyday.

My husband has stayed with me. He admits that he feels sorry for me and may have left a while ago but I have no one. I am only close to my parents on a superficial level. I cannot count on them to take care of me if needed. I have had to be more of a grown up than they have at times. My mom betrayed me in the past, and though I have forgiven and her and moved on, I cannot count on her to really be there for me.

The majority of my family "pretends" that I am fine. They never ask how I am doing. Over the years, I have missed sooo many events, but my family acts as if I am away because I have a cold or something.

My husband supports me and I am thankful. He just can't give any emotional support. He is the most compassionate man I know until it comes to me. He just doesn't show any emotions or feelings. We also don't discuss my illness.

Friends have told me that I just need counseling. They can't understand why a doctor can't fix me.

I HAVE NO EMOTIONAL SUPPORT! I am so lonely most days. Support groups in my area form and then dissolve. I am depressed and don't know how my life will ever change. I had to quit my job and feel like a shell of my former self.

I do need counseling at this point. How do you survive when you can't count on one human being to "be there" with you while you suffer. I feel guilty because I know that others are suffering more than I am. But some days I can't even lift my arms. I sit on the sofa like a zombie.

For those of you connected to the SC area, I am desperate for resources or referrals.
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

This thread posted twice.. you may either want to delete one or at least make sure you check both for responses!!
    Hugs!