Need a self Esteam Boost??? this is a good one

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Jun 12, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Wanted to share this with you all! My daughter e-mailed it to me today!

20$

A well known speaker Held up a 20$ bill to a room of 200 people and ask "Who would like this 20$ bill?" Hands started to shoot up!

He said "i'm going to give it to one of you today, but first let me do this and he took the 20 and crumpled it up in his hands! and then ask again "Who still wants it?" and hands still shot up in the air!

well he said what if i do this and he dropped it to the ground and ground it into the dirt with his shoe! and then he picked it up and ask "Who still wants the 20?"

It was all crumpled and dirty but still hands shot up in the crowd ! He replied "My friends you have just learned a valuable lesson"

No matter what i did to the money it didn't lose it's worth!
    " Many times in our lives we are dropped or crumpled and ground into the dirt by circumstances that are out of our control!! and we feel worthless"!

"But no matter what has happened or what will happenyou will never lose your value!"

"Dirty or cleaned crumpled or finely pressed you are still pricless to those who do love you"
    "The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know but by who we are and whose we are!"
    "You are very special! and don't forget it!"

"Remember Amateures built the ark and professionals built the Titanic!" bump
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks! I also liked that! it seems lodgical right!
  4. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

Anything positive helps us all have a better day.
  5. renney25

renney25 New Member

Permission to share the dollar bill example when need arises? It's one of the most inspirational and powerful messages I've ever heard.
  6. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

and awesome and all of those words that elude me right now.

I needed that today. I am going to print this and tape it to my bathroom mirror.

Thank you sisland
  7. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Wow! I really needed that today and really I guess for a long time.

I feel so used and worn out by the people around me and I really did need that!!!!!!

THANK YOU for sharing this with us. I am actually crying it hit me that hard!

(((HUGS)))

kate
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm flattered that you all liked it and am so glad it made you feel better!! When i got it from my girl Kym it almost made me cry too!!........................................so i thought you would all enjoy it!! she actually recieved it from a gal she grew up with that is serving in Iraq right now so that made it all the more special!!! Feel free to copy , pass it on!! ...........................the more people that read this the better!.......................................Hugs sydney

9. tandy

tandy New Member

up top for others.

This is great!

I never thought of it that way~ Its true,..
    I guess I'm not as destroyed as I feel.
    I'm still me,..... just broken up a bit :)
  10. marilynb

marilynb New Member

This is great. Thanks.

So you have a daughter named Kym? My step daughters name is Kymm. Short for Kymmberly. You don't see very many that spell it with a y. I bet she gets a lot of people spelling it with an i. I know our daughter does.

Marilyn
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

Yeah! I know it's unusual! but my dad named me after him but i was lucky and got a y instead of an i !! for which i'm very thankful!! Kymberlie Jean is her name My baby! all grown up now! I like the spelling of your stepdaughter Kymmberly ! .....................................sydney
    [This Message was Edited on 06/14/2006]