Need A Spiritual Center

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by MarcRaim, Apr 6, 2002.

1. MarcRaim

MarcRaim New Member

Ever since Mikie posted about the weekly prayer group and since Cathy said prayer was what had gotten her through the worst of her ordeal with her daughter, it has become apparent to me that I have a spiritual void in my life which has left me with one hand tied behind my back when it comes to fighting my health problems. I know I am a good person and have lived a righteous life in dealing with those who have crossed my path---there is literally nothing I have ever done that I'm ashamed of---but I'm lost spiritually. So my request is that you pray for me to find my inner self.

I have a couple of more mundane requests as well. My older son is graduating from college in May, and is having a horrible time finding a job---any positive thoughts in his direction would be greatly appreciated.

My younger son and my wife visited the college where my son wants to go next year---they both fell in love with it. The college is offering $20,000 per year in aid based on my son's academic record (as long as he keeps a B average)---but that still leaves us $10,000 per year short. Any positive thoughts here as well would be appreciated.

Hope I haven't asked for too much---bless you all!!!

Marc
  2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Marc,
    It's so nice to see you on the Worship Board again. I do believe in the power of prayer and glad you have asked for prayer.

I will pray for these requests your asked for; for your older son to find a job and your younger son's needs to be met for college. To be given a $20,000 scholarship is really great! My boys are close (a little younger) to their age so I understand what you are going through. I have one son who is a sophmore in HS and one who is a junior in college. The one already in college was able to get a full scholarship plus some, so we are thanking the Lord for that as it is soooo expensive. Although, the Univ. he is going to isn't as expensive as the one your son is going to.

I will especially be in prayer for you and your spiritual needs to be met as you mentioned you desire. There are many people that feel as you do, knowing they are a "good" person but still feel spiritually void or lost. I would like to tell you what I believe from the Bible to be the answer. This is my belief: God wants everyone to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Savior. Our good works alone will not give us that relationship. No one can be good enough. We all have sinned. So God sent His Son Jesus, to pay the price of our sins on the cross, for you, Marc, he did that and for the sins of the world. He rose from the grave 3 days later, proving He is the Son of God and is the one promised to be our Savior.

He wants each of us to personally pray and ask him into our life, and in belief, accepting and trusting Him as your Savior. He promises to come into your life and never leave you. He will fill that void in your life. That doesn't mean that life will always be easy, because it isn't for any of us, but we have the Lord with us always to help us, to give us peace and to be our closest friend.

There is so much more I want to say but this is getting long. I'm sure there are others here that will answer you too. You can e-mail me on this if you want, gcwhite@safeaccess.com

You and your family will be in my prayers.
    Take care!
    Harmony

[This Message was Edited on 04/06/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2002]
  3. Jude

Jude New Member

Marc, A spiritual quest is a lifelong journey. I come from a mixed faith heritage (Catholic & Protestant). I took the best from both and am a little non-traditional in my beliefs. It has been exactly that-a long journey but one that I have learned from and grown. I could not have survived some of the tragedy's in my life without a belief in the Creator. The pain would have been unbearable. Maybe you just took your first step. As for the college situation, I was faced with the same choice with my oldest daughter that you are facing with your younger son. At the end of four years of college my daughter would have had a bachelor's degree and owed $40,000. I could not pay this and we decided that a 22-23 year-old facing a $40,000 debt was too overwhelming. We opted for an in state school and she graduated with a double major and her education was paid for. She has told me many times that she was glad that we went that route. It also took her awhile to get a job after she graduated and she ended up working in a position completely unrelated to her majors but she likes the job and she's making more money than she would have. But without her education she wouldn't have gotten her present job. These are just my experiences.

Jude
  4. Sheli

Sheli New Member

You and your family are in my prayers. I can tell you that I believe, just as Harmony said above that whoever believes in God and asks him into their heart, into their life, and asks for forgiveness...as we all are sinners, that he will fill that void you have immediately. It doesn't mean that everything will miraculously be wonderful, but it means that you have God in your life to help you through, each and every moment of each and every day. Perhaps you may know of a church in your area, or a pastor that you might speak with? I know Harmony gave you her email address earlier, and I can tell you that she and her family are a wonderful source for this. She has become a very dear friend to me through this site, and I am so grateful for her. Do you have a Bible? In it, are the answers to any question I have ever had to ask when it comes to life. As she said above, there really is so much that I want to say...sometimes the internet is a blessing, and sometimes it seems as if it is really hard to get the right message through to someone. I pray for you to receive it...take care, and keep us posted.

Love in Christ,
    Sheli
  5. RoseTx

RoseTx New Member

Marc, I find that if I start and end my day with prayer it makes all the difference. I have also found that the more I know about Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, the more I am capible of loving Them. How can we have faith in or love someone we don't know? So I read and STUDY the scriptures. The more I learn of the love that Christ has for me, the more I desire to serve Him and try to emulate Him. A great religious leader has said, "When we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God." And I find that the more I can lose myself in service, the more of me there is to lose. How can we love the Master whom we have not served? I love the book of James in the Bible. It is a short little book but is just packed with good stuff and thought provoking things. I hope this might be helpful. Hugs, Rose
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Marc, there is not much I can say here, as Harmony has about said all there is. I will join her and the others in prayer for all of your request, our belief in the Bible teaches us that where their are more than two gathered together, the Lord says 'so am I in the mist of thee', and we will take heaven by storm here!

I also have a son in college, a late bloomer, but getting his education anyway. Thats what counts.

God bless, and be assured of our ernest prayers for all your request.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Your response to my original post about Prayer Night really touched me. I am praying that you find that special spiritual center which resides inside of you. You've just lost touch with it for a bit while you have been struggling with your illness. It's still there. Meditation is the only way to reach down deep inside ourselves. Prayer is when we talk to God; meditation is when we listen.

I am also praying for your special intentions as listed above.

All of this horror with which we struggle really does make us stronger, but it is a journey and a process. We must have patience and allow ourselves to heal.

Love, Mikie
  8. teach6

teach6 New Member

Faith is a lifelong journey. I find that the more closely I know God the more I find him active in my life. Looking back I now see that He has been doing this all along, I just wasn't aware of the source. God is always present to guide you, listen to you, to carry you through the difficult times. All you have to do is ask! I pray that you wil come to find your spiritual center and grow with it.

Hugs,
    Barbara