Need a very soft hug-had to sell family dog today-I did not put the clapper next to this sad post-don't know how to take him off

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Jan 9, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

It just keeps getting worse!! I had trigger point injections yesterday-feel a little better today-still hurts to walk today. Thank goodness that was the last round of injections (3's a charm). Hope I start feeling really good like I did before, usually takes about 3 days.
    Our family dog, Frankie keeps getting out of his pen. He dug up the neighbors flowers and digs holes in everyone else's yard but ours(who knows why), I promise I didn't train him to do that. Plus he is so heavy and he won't come to me when he gets out. Everyone is so sad, I have 3 kids and the youngest is 4, she has been crying but I just could not keep wrestling with that dog.
    A gray day even though the sun is out, Sleeper01
    PS Did not put the clapper next to this sad post.[This Message was Edited on 01/09/2003]
  2. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Can I (((((Hug You)))) First??!!!!!

I am sooo sorry. I understand completly. I have a Amercan Bull named Chloe who gets out and wants to "love" everybody...but she scares the hell out of them because she looks like a Pit.

When I try to bring her back in she just lays on her back feet straight up in the air, batting her big brown eyes...
    Like: "OK but only if you carry me!" Reminds me of a little kid who doesn't want to leave somewhere. My neighbors say "your dog has jumping issues" It's very hard to work with a big dog when you have weak, painful muscles.

Maybe a nice little guinnea pig would help the tears??? They are cute too.

Did you eever ask your Doc what's in those injections? Just curious what he's giving you. Hope you feel better real soon. I'm sending a present to you....the same one shirl gave me the other day: A Big Basket, with a Big red Bow, overflowing with soft hugs....(and chocolate too!!)

BTW: When I was little we a had a big dog who use to jump the fence and "POOP" in everyone else's yard but ours!!! Now there's a trick!!

I bet my boys wish they could teach Chloe to do that!!

Don't worry. Someone will take good care of your pup!

Love,
    Susan

3. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I am sooooo sorry about the dog. Sometimes there just is no other alternative than the one you used. Maybe you will get a small dog next time. I know I have four large ones and one little one..when I have to tug around on those big ones..yikes. I feel it for a day or so. The little one gets into mischief too..but at least I can reach down and pick her up!

Hope those injections kick in soon, and hope the family settles down about the dog soon....Sherry
  4. VickyB

VickyB New Member

They are lidocaine and steroids and they really do help after a couple of days. Just wish I didn't have to endure the first 3 days.
    Thanks for the hug, Sleeper01

[This Message was Edited on 01/09/2003]
  5. amaryllis

amaryllis New Member

I am sorry. ((((Soft hugs)))) to you on such a sad day.

I hope the injections kick in soon and your feeling better in no time.

Gentle ((((Hugs)))) again,

~A
  6. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Hugs for you on this sad day. I know it's heartbreaking for all. Our new addition is a dwarf bunny. He is very social, loves to be held and gives kisses. He will never get bigger than about 5 pounds. He is great to hold and cuddle. We learned to love dwarf bunnies because we took care of one from school during several school breaks. Was so hard to take him back we, got our own and he is very clean (no odors). Maybe you can find a small animal that your whole family can love.

Take care,
    Hugs,
    Sheryl
  7. VickyB

VickyB New Member

A dwarf bunny sounds great plus no stinky smell?? Do you keep your bunny in the house? Does he have a cage or does he just hop around and sleep with the kids? Wait a minute, where does he go to the bathroom? Does he have a litter box or what? If you say he uses the toilet, I'm getting one today.
    Sincerely, Sleeper01
  8. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Hey,
    Our bunny lives in a cage on top of my daughter's dresser. We clean it once a week faithfully. He has a little house in it that he sleeps in. There is also this green plastic trangle thingy that fits in the corner of his cage filled with kitty litter. That is where he goes to the toilet! Yes, a bunny can be kitty litter trained. We let him out to run around the living room (he has never had an accident) and he roams around the bed with us at night while we watch TV, after we put down an extra sheet on top the spread. He has been great fun and actually relaxes me while I hold him. Even my husband who didn't want him loves to hold him now!
    It's something to consider,
    Hugs,
    Sheryl
  9. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Your bunny sounds so cute!! Where did you get your bunny? Just wondering the best place to find one.
    Sincerely, Sleeper01
  10. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I know what it is like to give up an animal. We had a toy poodle for 8 years and he went to doggy heaven. Me and the kids' cried NON stop for two days and had to go to the Doctor all of us for meds after that. We told our Doctor and we all cried again, she did with us infact. Our youngest has severe allergies so the only dog we can have is a poodle due to their shedding and stuff. So it took us over 6 months to find another one. And we are happy with Toby. He is a different color and a bit smaller but he is like our Tiny was and I really wonder if Tiny didn't send us Toby to take his place. We all still get teary eyed about our Tiny but getting another has indeed filled that emptiness of not having Tiny. I hope you and your family will be feeling better soon. Take care okay.
    Joannie
  11. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

You did the best thing you could for the dog. Chances are that one day when he got out again, he'd get smacked by a car. Hopefully he went to a home with a more secure fence and obedience training!

Marilyn :)
  12. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

We first tried our Human Society for a bunny but all they had were really big one, to heavy to hold. We found our bunny at a very respected pet sgop in our area, he was $15.00.

Hope you all feel better soon,
    Hugs,
    Sheryl
  13. VickyB

VickyB New Member

The sun really does comes out tomorrow!! We bought a half Pom & half toy Shih Tzu. He looks like a little bear and a big ball of fur. He is sooooo sweet and will not weight over 5lbs. full grown. I am still considering a bunny too so we don't fight over who gets to hold the dog. Anyone have a suggestion for a good puppy name, he is a little boy.
    THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE, Vicky
  14. LadyDragon

LadyDragon New Member

You've probably already named your puppy.. but mine died yesterday.... His name was Jake... he was the sweetest... just wanted to suggest the name...
  15. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

Scooter

Buster

Ruby

Sarg (like Sargeant)

Pookie

16. VickyB

VickyB New Member

We still cannot come up with the perfect name for our dog. My 4 yr. old daughter likes all food names like Cookie, Cupcake, etc. My 13 yr. old daughter likes Oz because our puppy looks like Toto from the Wizard of Oz. If you have anymore suggestions, we are still trying to decide the perfect name. Thanks again, Sleeper01
  17. amaryllis

amaryllis New Member

Congratulations on the new puppy!

What about Milo?

:) A
  18. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Dear sweet soul.....I am the mother of "monkey-dog" who left in April, way before her time.....I still mourn; then our little liter runt, from when I raised show pood's...he would have died at birth had not my now 28-yr old took and nursed him through what would have been natural culling (which I did not do but some breeders do), well we lost Elvis before his time to seizure disorder. That was on my birthday.....we all long to hear his little dog tags jingle as he happily awaited his master's return; she, my daughter, is having a hard time with this too. He went from my house to her apt. then last summer she moved in with us, so Elvis had become close once more with my son and I. There is nothing to say about having to place a pet.

I can tell you though, as having been a professional groomer, dogs are marvelous and adaptive. Your pal will find it an exciting adventure and move on with surprising ease to his new "mommy" and family. Love CactusLil'
  19. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

There are homeless dogs in all countries, but ours is probably the most humane towards them. Our country has really gotten strict about loose dogs. Every city has a animal control division with the police department, plus there is always a non-profit humane society that also works to find homes for unwanted dogs. We probably have some of the strictest laws in the world when it comes to humane treatment of dogs. Apparently the dog in this thread was a purebred, otherwise it would be difficult to "sell" him. Most people that pay for dogs are responsible owners, and are careful about what they spend their money on. It's the people that get them free that are sometimes careless owners and don't take good care of the dogs. In any case, loose dogs that don't get hit by cars, are very quickly picked up by animal control and impounded. They are adoptable to the public after a certain time period. If nobody adopts them, they are either taken by the Humane Society, or are euthanized.

Another good time to put in the plug "SPAY AND NUETER YOUR PETS!!"

Marilyn :)
  20. selma

selma New Member

Pets are hard to care for when you're down. Good luck with your new doggie. Love, Selma