Need Advice about fall ASAP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tanyasue, Apr 27, 2006.

1. tanyasue

tanyasue New Member

I was walking this morning (for excercise), and I fell really hard. I actually somersaulted in the middle of the street. I have "road rash". Luckily, I didn't break anything.

I had to come to work today anyway. I am in tons of pain and am woried about what tomorrow will feel like. I always hurt the second day.

Does anyone know what I can do tonight to keep the pain and swelling down and tolerable so that it is not so bad tomorrow? I am already super stiff. I am taking my medicine, but the pain is already "breaking through".

What, if anything, can I do?

Tanya Sue

2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Rest

Ice

Compression

Elevation

Oh, yeah....don't forget the aspirin!

Hope everything is OK and you don't hurt too much tomorrow.

God Bless.
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

Ouch. My son get LOTS of soft tissue injuries. Just today, he's had Phys Ed, Track Practice, Weight Training, then tonight, Wrestling Practice. He is still recovering from torn ligament in ankle, a recent groin muscle pull, and tonight, either a bone bruise or ??? who knows what?

So,,,I loaded him up with a TON of LIQUID MINERALS. That is my cure-all for soft tissue injuries. TONS of LIQUID MINERALS and extra Magnesium (maybe 400 mg. 4 times a day, in ADDITION to the LIQUID MINERALS. And off to bed with the corn & clove microwave heating bag.

Hope you're not in too much pain tomorrow.
  4. mrsED

mrsED New Member

Maube a warm bath with epson salts would help the muscles relax. A 20 minute soak is reccomended.It shoud feel good to you.
    So sorry about your fall.
    mrsed
  5. tanyasue

tanyasue New Member

Thank you all for your responses. I seem to have survived. Believe it or not, walking this morning helped the pain (I was shocked). I still have a ton of bruises and am really stiff.

What are liquid minerals and what is a corn and clove bag. I am intrigued. Ok, and seriously, I cannot believe what your son is able to do-even for someone healthy. Wow!

Tanya Sue