Need Advice about Hot Tubs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dee33K, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Dee33K

Dee33K New Member

I am now in the market for a hot tub. I need to know if anyone has certain brands or types that they love. What should I look for espcially in the light of my fibro. Jets? My shoulders, neck, arms and upper body seem to suffer the most due to my work. I have also read something about a different type of system other than chlorine? Something that doesn't cause chemical sensitivity? Does anyone know about that? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Blessings,
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

bumping for the night crowd
  3. FMHoosier

FMHoosier New Member

I have FM also. We have a Sundance Capri jacuzzi (3 seater) that has 2 different types of jets. They really work wonders to get the knots out. I sometimes am in mine 2 times a day. Since my hubby & I can neither use the bromine, we use a Natures2 filter & a chlorine product. With the Natures2, you only use Spa Shock daily--no other chemicals are needed. (Saves BIG Bucks!!) I was just dx'd w/ chemical induced asthma & these chemicals don't bother me. There are a lot of brands out there--be specific about your needs when shopping. Good Luck & enjoy!
    Nancy
  4. Dee33K

Dee33K New Member

Nancy, thanks for the answer. I recently had a bout of asthma that I have not had since I was a little girl so I am a bit afraid myself. And a hot tub is a huge expense! I appreciate the comment. Anyone else have a favorite?
  5. Dee33K

Dee33K New Member

Does anyone know of a company that makes an especially deep hot tub that you can stand up in and it still covers your shoulders?
    Dee