Need advice about how to detox the body of sugar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by steach, Aug 20, 2009.

1. steach

steach Member

Hi Friends-

I'm just wondering if any of you know if there is a product which "detoxes" the body of sugar. I drink wayyyy to much soda on a daily basis. I get sick with a lot of sinus infections, yeast infections, thrush in the mouth, bronchitis ... every few months. I know that bacteria uses the sugar to survive and multiply.

I don't want to drink diet soda due to the artificial sweeteners. For a long time, I made lemonade with Stevia and didn't have this problem. I can not tolerate plain water.

I would love to find a "sugar detox" product to avoid bacterial infections since the soda is my favorite drink. If there is no such product, I guess I'll have to go back to making the lemonade with Stevia.

2. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I plan to try Natural Factors Detoxitech powder. You can get caps too but the powder's preferable as it has fewer additives. You can get the powder on vitacost. There are a couple of reviews. There are also reviews for the product on
    HTH, Shelbo :)
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

You don't need a special product to detox sugar. Sugar isn't toxic, however, it can cause inflammation. Simply cut sugar out of your diet. Depending on how much sugar you ingest daily, you might possibly go through a withdrawal period, however, that should only last about two weeks, maximum.

I personally think that this whole notion of "toxins" is very much overblown. My opinion, of course :)
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Detoxification is hard on the body and is not needed as the body naturally detoxes. If it doesn't you would probably be in the hospital.

I agree with TigerLilea, detoxification is thought to be the answer to a lot of things when it really isn't.

It is not worth it to keep drinking all that sugar thinking you can just detoxify.

Sodas are my downfall also. Sometimes I will try soda water with a bit of juice. I know not quite the same but the best way to avoid the sugar is not to ingest it. :(