Need advice about predisone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I went to see my ortho. Friday.She checked out my neck,did xrays and all that stuff.From what she could tell it looked like a oinched nerve from inflamation in the neck but not from a herniated disk she said from an autoimmune disorder.She put me on predisone and gave me more tramadol.I took the first 2 predisone pills this morning.But while online I was reminded how predisone affects blood work and also I know my reheumy. doesn't like me to take it.

I wonder by taking 2 predisone tablets this morning could that had helped that quickly with the pain.A while after taking it my neck started to ease up.But I am also taking tramadol every 6 to 8 hours.

My neck is doing this cracking noise which the ortho. said was a symptom of inflamation.

Should I give the predisone pack a try.I just recently had bloodowrk and I really don't think that the reheumy. will order more.

My neck hurts so much.I can barely stand to sleep on a pillow.Just lifting my neck hurts.I have a very small flat pillow I use but I only use to corner just to lift my head a bit.

I don't know what to do.I just want to get rod of this pain.

Sheila
  2. lin-z

lin-z New Member

my mri came back with significant deg disease as well as c6-c7 herniation which i kinda knew i had. My rheumy put me on prednisone for 3 weeks to see if in fact i have ra... to see if i respond to inflammation drugs. no other drugs have given me any relief

my neck is so bad but i almost feel relief and its only been 2 days. he said if i respond to the prednisone they have much better treatment available for ra..i , like you, dont know what to think but i am trying this approach for now
    good luck, lindsey

3. JLH

JLH New Member

Your doc probably doesn't have you on a real long (time period) dose of prednisone anyway, so if I were you, I would go ahead and finish taking was you were prescribed.

I normally have to take it 2 or 3 times a year, too.

Hugs,
    Janet