Need Advice About Purchasing Zoloft

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ANNXYZ, May 8, 2006.

1. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

as my insurance will not cover it . Does anyone have suggestions for best places to purchase meds ? I have a prescription , and I do not take any type of pain meds .
  2. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Have any of you tried the overseas pharmacies . I see some that appear to be Canadian and British and SOOOOO
    much cheaper !
  3. starmom

starmom New Member

I would not purchase from overseas or Mexico. It is legal to purchase a 90 day supply from canada.

If you google "Newcastle Pharmacy" you will find a few older articles and contact info for them. They are in Oklahoma and are run by very good people. I have driven to this pharmacy for meds, and had them mailed to me. They do have a mail-service that you subscribe to for a small fee. Their prices are incredibly lower than Walmart or anywhere else I have been.

If you have no prescription coverage then contact the Partnership for Prescription Assistance. They will help.

Now, my bad news: be supremely careful with Zoloft. It has a tendency to cause aggression after a few months use. I have seen this over and over and over, esp in men, and younger men more than older. But it also happens in women. The aggression seems to come into play between months 3-12. People (women too) who were never aggressive have become physically violent.

this was one of the worst things we ever tried for our son. It was so scary, for him and us.

If you take it, I hope it helps you a lot.

Hugs,

Susie
  4. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Here are the rules for personal import:

http://www.fda.gov/ora/import/pipinfo.htm

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  5. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I have taken zoloft with no problems , and so has my daughter and several of my friends .

I am sorry your son had a rough time with it . This is the first I have heard about aggression and zoloft .

Mme Curie thanks for sharing the info . I will keep checking around . I also need to find a good price on synthroid .

Thanks to all for your suggestions!
  6. starmom

starmom New Member

Ann, the group of people I have seen using zoloft tend to have some pretty severe problems beyond the depression/FMS/etc... many of us would use it for or deal with. And boys (of any kind) react very differently to meds than girls do.

Though I do know that SSRI therapy in bipolar patients is usually ill advised. A mood stabilizer is the best thing to try first, then occasionally an SSRI can be used.

The aggression is well documented in children, but not all of the documents are widely available. This is in large part b/c the drug companies fund the research and control what happens to the results.

anyway, I am very glad you get good results iwth Zoloft!! It is important to find what works for you and stick with it.

Susie
  7. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Why won't your insurance cover it?

Tigger
  8. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

and it is a condtion considered preexisting . I have been paying EXTREMELY high premiums with Blue Cross, and I am switching to Unicare . I hope it is a good company - the cost is much less.