Need advice for use of Tramadol and going to a Pain Specialist

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skippy007, Mar 7, 2007.

  1. skippy007

    skippy007 New Member

    Recently diagnosed with FM, cervical DDD, OA, and other stuff. Had car accident(rearender) Jan 2007 and pain in neck/shoulders and lower back have taken on a life of their own - much more pain than I was previously dealing with prior to accident and the pain meds aren't helping. I am now going to start tramadol and have been referred to a pain specialist - never had to deal with either of these before. I am open to any advice on either of these!! Thanks
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2007]
  2. lil_angel1198

    lil_angel1198 New Member

    but I am on Tramadol.
    I do like it, My doc prescribed them to me, 1 pill every 4 hrs. Back in September, my pelvis ended up being out of place and pinching a nerve. I went to the Chiro a few times and he thought he had it fixed, but I still couldn't walk without extreme pain, and had to use a cane.....this was into November.
    I finally went to my regular Doc, and he told me to take 2 Tramadol every 4 hours and take my muscle relaxers(Cyclobenzaprine) 3 times a day. I did it, and within about 3 days, I was able to walk with very little pain again. Now each time my hip starts to give me trouble, I take what he recommended.

    Tramadol really does work for pain.... if after trying it for a week or so, if it's not working well for you, talk to your doctor and let them know. I think it takes some adjusting to get the right dose for each person.

[ advertisement ]