Need advice for weaning off Ambien & Flexaril

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darlamk, Jun 6, 2003.

1. darlamk

darlamk New Member

I have decided it is time to try a different route to address my sleep issues. I would like to get off some of my meds and try the ZMA and other more natural methods. I'm also going to try to seriously get rid of caffiene and the other dietary culprits!I curently take Ambien 5 mg at bedtime along with 10 mg Flexaril. I still wake up a few times at night, have vivid technicolor dreams (action packed!)and most mornings I feel like I have been run over by that truck that seems to get most of us. Any suggestions as to which med to wean off first? I know this is going to be a big challenge.....
    Thanks,
    Darla
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

If you feel comfortable with this, I would call the Dr. and ask for weaning instructions.
    If not I advise to do it very slowly . sometimes we are in a hurry to get off of medicine and doing it too quickly my put you in a tailspin !
    Personally I would try weaning off the Ambien first as I think that will be the biggest challenge. At least you will still have the muscle relaxer while you are going through that.
    Good luck
  3. darlamk

darlamk New Member

I did discuss weaning off my meds with my doc a while ago and he was kind of "wishy washy" with it. I will try the halfing and everyother night technique. I am used to missing out on sleep but just hope my family can handle me if I have more pain and get a little touchy! I guess it's worth a try anyway. Again, thankyou!
    Darla