Need advice / help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Abby498, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Abby498

Abby498 New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I've just joined this message board and quite frankly am too tired to read and search thru all the messages, no pun intended.
    I believe I do NOT have CFS because I think one of the required symptoms is pain (joint and/or muscle). I am just lazy, tired all the time, no energy even for 'fun' things.
    Right now this is what I'm dealing with;
    I wake up later than I would like, if I remember I take 200 mg's of caffeine but it doesn't really help a lot. I do things that don't take any effort, like 'playing' on the computer, watching TV or laying in a lounge chair in the back yard. Then about 2 hours later I go back to bed. This happens 2 or 3 times more in the day and then I'm finally up for the day. I'm now at my most awake, and that means I might, on a good day, take out the garbage and that's about it. I then am tired but not sleepy and either suffer thru that waiting for sleep (it's night time now) or I take 2 doses of sleeping pills and then that causes me to be even more tired the next late morning when I wake up, and start the whole process over again. I am what I call "Chronically Unemployeed" and have no doctor. While doing the search that lead me to this message board I heard about sea silver or seasilver. The page I found was actually selling it so I don't have much faith in it's helpfullness but I may look for some locally.
    I wish I could get a personal helper to help me do grocery shopping etc. That is very embarassing for me to admit but that's how hopeless and helpless I feel right now.
    Even tho I do not have CFS is there any suggestions, advice out there for me?

Thanks so much for listening.
    Best wishes,
    Abby
  2. kgg

kgg New Member

IMHO, you need to find out what is going on. You don't have to have a lot of pain with CFS. Sore throat is common. But your fatigue needs to be investigated. This is not just laziness. Stop being hard on yourself. Get to an understanding doc and find out what is going on. This board has a good doc list. Check that out.

And welcome to the board! Keep us posted as to how your investigation goes. You'll find lots of support here.
  3. mellow

mellow New Member

You say you don't have CFS but you do say you feel hopeless and helpless. From reading your message I get the impression you could be depressed. I am not a doctor but If possible I think you should see a medical professional who might be able to help. You are not doing a lot through the day and going back to bed 2 or 3 times in the day is probably why you have to take sleeping pills at night. I would try and do a little more exercise, if you can, and see if you can just take a small nap in the afternoon. If you are really fatigued then rest but sometimes too much resting can make us tired too. I know this is how I have been in the past. I wish I had more advice but if you can I would see a doctor. Hope you feel better soon. Luv Mellow
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Fibromyalgia is the disorder that has pain as a major symptom. CFS or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, has one of its major symptoms as fatigue. One can have headaches with CFS, and a fluish, achy feeling. I have both CFS and Fibromyalgia. Some with CFS commonly have sore throats, I do not.
    You do not need to fit ALL the criteria or symptoms to be diagnosed with either.
    My exhaustion, is very much like yours, I may be able to accomplish a few simple tasks during a day, but that is it.
    By simple I mean brushing my hair or fixing a simple meal...

Depression is also very common with these disorders, as a result of the fatigue, loss of quality of life, pain, etc.

You need to see a Doctor to address this problem. Please go to the top of this page, and click on Dr. Referral. When that page opens, click on Co Cures Good Doctor List.
    Look for a Doctor in your area. Please be aware that not all Drs. believe in these disorders, so this is a way to keep from spending lots of time and effort, and money. Sometimes you must be willing to drive a distance if you live in a smaller community. I found my Doc on this list and he is a days drive.

You are not being lazy---when feeling this way it is exhaustion, and no amount of will power, can chase it away.
    As a matter of fact it is worsened by overdoing.

Best wishes, LL
    [This Message was Edited on 03/30/2003]