Need advice on blood sugar level

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Ms. Klagh, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Ms. Klagh

Ms. Klagh Member

Hoping for advice.
    I have Hashimoto's and I'm hypoglycemic. Everything I read says it is best for blood sugar levels to be below 100 (generally), and according to experts, that 60 - 90 is best. However, I CANNOT function if my blood sugar (fasting or at any time) is BELOW 105. If mine is below 105 I feel weak, dizzy, confused, sleepy, lethargic, and my vision is blurred. I cannot even go out to the grocery store because I won't be able to remember where I parked the car, if my levels are below 105.
    I have now taken to eating an orange when I wake up, an orange about 10:30 a.m., and an orange about 2 p.m. It seems nothing else I try helps.
    Note: my father and two sisters are hypoglycemic (one is hypothyroid and one has Hashi's). Sister no. 3 is diabetic (and hypothyroid). I believe a diet with excessive dietary sugar, when we were growing up, is the cause of thyroid and blood sugar problems in my family.
    Background: According to my latest thyroid panel, my FT3, FT4, and TSH are in range. I take thyroid replacement hormone and follow the autoimmune paleo diet. I supplement with D3, B12, and I've started using the ProHealth Ultra ATP supplement (with malic acid and magnesium). Too soon to tell if it is helping.

Thanks!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dear Mr. Klagh,

Welcome to our website. I'm glad you found us. I am sorry for the problems you are having with your blood sugar. This is something you really should discuss with your doctor. Unfortunately, none of us here is qualified to give medical advice, especially for something as important as controlling blood sugar.

I am hoping that someone who has had this problem may respond to you. That may help but, again, this is something your doc should know about.

Love, Mikie
  3. adamcollin

adamcollin Member

My mother has the same problem. She took acupuncture treatment from Corrective Chiropractic &
    Wellness. There is a lot of improvement in her condition.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A friend told me about one of the best books I have ever read, Diabetes Without Drugs, by Suzy Cohen. One needn't have diabetes to benefit from it. I understand so much more now about all kinds of things going on in my body.

Love, Mikie