Need advice on Inflammation.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mwduffey, Jun 10, 2006.

1. mwduffey

mwduffey New Member

I was told to get the FM under control, the biggest problem I am having at this point is the inflammation. I have to be careful with the prednisone since I am already having bone loss, I was told I could I could increase it if needed from 1 to 1 and a ½.

I can not get my wedding ring on this last week it is just getting worse. I don’t feel as if I am in a flare up from the FM, but they say it is the FM and not the RA that is causing the problem. The 2 seems to blurr to me and I still don't understand how they know where the line is.

Anyone got any advice; I started the smoothie, using goat’s milk not coconut milk.

Melinda.
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm sorry to hear you are taking prednisone. Nasty stuff, the risk of bone loss is so not worth it.

I take ProEnzyme P and order from the store here. It has completely replaced the need for ibuprofen or other NSAIDs for me, and has none of the risks.

I don't think it matters where the inflammation is coming from, RA OR FM. I get plenty of inflammation from FM, and defitely don't have arthritis at all. I passed some enzymes on to a friend who does have bad RA, and it put it right in remission for her, the results were that dramatic at only 1-2 a day. I take 4 or more myslef and won't run out of them again. Last time I did my pain levels shot right up and I had to increase my narcotics and was running out before rx renewal.

Jeanne
  3. mwduffey

mwduffey New Member

well give it a try
  4. mwduffey

mwduffey New Member

My list goes on for ever,

Yes I have RA, and early stages of osto,

I have already broken bones, but the meds for it, I am not able to take, i have bleeding ulcers and the nose spray caused bad sinus. Beacause i am not further on bone loss they will not approve Forteo, done fought the ins over it.

EVery time they give me a knew illness, i just stand there and think this is a sick cosmic joke and I will wake up and find out it was all a nitemare.
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

First of all, do you visit the Arthritis message board on this same site? Someone they may be able to help you, too.

It's a shame that you can't take anything like Fosamax or Actonel, because they are proven to help build your bones back up.

Taking Prednisone will only hurt your bones, but it does help the inflammation - it's a double-edged sword!!

Are you satisified with the treatment that you are getting from your Rheumy? Is is treating your RA aggressively enough?

I hope you are taking calcium+D supplements, and drinking a lot of milk, too, for your bones.

Do you take any of the osteo-arthritis drugs which are supposed to help inflammation?

Regarding not being able to get your wedding rings on -- I can relate, but my problem is also edema. Do you retain a lot of water where maybe Lasix might help?

Unfortunately, when you have a ton of medical problems, like a lot of us here (I have a ton--see my bio), we must take numerous meds.

Make sure you take a good multi-minineral/multi-vitamin capsule daily, too, in addition to your calcium+D and other meds!

Hugs,
    Janet
  6. mwduffey

mwduffey New Member

See i am lucky i test neg on the RA, so they are not completly convinced that i have it other then i respond really well to the plagunil,

This inflammation started back when i had a flare up the end of March after staying at the hospital with my MIL for 35 of 47 days. But know i don't take lasix, in fact i get fussed at because i don't do enough of a salt intake according to test over the years.

But before the plaqunil i was just bloated and with in a month i lost so much water, they called me the shrinking women around here.

They are not wanting to change any of the RA meds until they see if we can get the FM undercontrol that is how i found here.

The shake has helped and i am going to give some of the other items that was suggested here and on the RA board a try.

I have changed to goats milk hoping it will help, pulled out a little ice cream maker i had bought hubbie years ago and he never used it and was impressed with it. He is a diabtic so between us we are finding that everything we like we buy we can't have so we are better off making ourself.

I make soughdough wheat bread now with honey no eggs or sugar.

I just know that when i go back in Sep i would really like to try and show them see i am being good, i am learning to try and do this.

Maybe by then we can see about other treatments, since i have been resting more i do not seem to hurt as bad. Just can not get my hands undercontrol, of course if i stayed of the comp it would help. LOL

i am rattling sorry, and my grammer is bad tonite lol.

I thank all of you for your input, i am grateful that i found yall.

Melinda
    [This Message was Edited on 06/10/2006]