Need Advice on Making Money???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by puppyluvx3, Jul 27, 2008.

1. puppyluvx3

puppyluvx3 New Member

Hi all - I haven't been on the boards in a very long time. I have been having a very tough time with my CFS and depression and now I am just so desperate to make some money. I thought I would check in here to get ideas on what some of you do??? I have searched the computer for "at home computer ideas", but fear that the majority of those are scams. Anyone with depression knows that the stress and anxiety of having no money can just push one over the edge. I am hanging by a thread at the moment and fear what will be within the weeks to come.

Any input would be so greatly appreciated - thanks!
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Have you attempted to get some help thru So.Security? It sounds as if you may need some "long term" solution after
    having read your Bio Page. A number of people are involved
    with selling items on eBay to help supp. their income. That
    maybe something you could do from homw on your own time schedule.(?)(?)

I'm sure others will be by your Post the next few days with
    other ideas. "Keep the Faith"!

3. puppyluvx3

puppyluvx3 New Member

Thanks so much for your input.

I do get some help through SS, but it is hardly enough to live off of. I have tried the whole Ebay thing for awhile, but seem to have reached a dead end there.

I do hope I can get more input, because I just cannot be alone with this problem. And dealing with depression, well let's just say, this does not help my situation (or mood). I just really need some direction.

Thanks again for your help!
  4. mezombie

mezombie Member

Check out

Sleepydust was started and is maintained by someone with ME/CFS for people with FMS, ME/CFS, and other chronic illnesses. The link above is to her section of free videos and other tips aimed specifically at helping people like you.

I hope you'll find something useful.

You might also want to sign up for the Sleepydust newsletter, as more tips are shared there.

Good luck!
  5. puppyluvx3

puppyluvx3 New Member

Thanks for the input. I will definitely check out that sleepydust site. There just has to be something we can do!!

And I have also done the whole Ebay thing for awhile, but lately that has just become so difficult. I don't know if any of the other auction sites are better (usually Ebay is the best), but they have made a lot of changes recently.

It's just beyond stressful when you have no money coming in and money is still going out. I have already relied on family members way too much - they are pretty depleted themselves.
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

I'm so sorry you are going thru such a terrible time. There are no easy answers for patients whose energy can fluctuate so enormously, as those with CFS/ME.

I really noticed how articulate and smart you are; LOL, I always notice grammar and spelling, even though I make many mistakes in both!

I was there a grade school or middle school near you? I think you'd make an excellent tutor for a struggling student! (Maybe that's my psychic part kicking in?)

Many parents are willing to pay $15-20 per hour for someone who would help their 10-15 year old with English, grammar, studying habits, etc.

Just a thought....

7. puppyluvx3

puppyluvx3 New Member

Thanks for suggesting possibly tutoring a student, but that's pretty funny!! If you knew me, you would undesrtand!! I am VERY BRAIN DEAD a good amount of the time, unfortunately. Most people call it "brain fog", but I say brain dead!! It is just so annoying. Sometimes, all of my stars are aligned (as I like to call it) but unfortunately, those times are far and few between.