Need Advice On New Mattress

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pegeo-Pat, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Pegeo-Pat

Pegeo-Pat New Member

I am in the process of trying to find a new mattress. I am not sure which one would be the best for the pain of fm. I have alot of sleepless nights due to pain and tossing and turning trying to get comfortable and need a new mattress desperately. I am open to suggestions. I was considering the select number bed, but I would like to have some input on this before I make a decide

Thanks Pat
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I would get a name brand posture-type mattress that is has firm support with one of those "pillow-top" fluffy, soft, pads on top of it. Your back will benefit from the firm, posturepedic mattress, but your tired achy bones won't have to lie down on a hard mattress, but the fluffy pillow top. My daughter just bought a Stearns & Foster set like that and loves it. I have the Sealy extra-firm posturepedic mattress without the pillow-top, so I had to purchase one of those egg crates to put on top of it so as to feel some softness. Be sure you can lie down and test out whatever you buy first! Mattress and springs are a hugh investment these days and it pays to shop around and lie on them in the store! Get the best that you can afford and pray for sweet dreams!
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And type in mattress. We have discussed several types of mattresses which have been good for us here and this will bring up all those posts for you.

Love, Mikie
  4. Ellie

Ellie New Member

I just love it they are expensive but worth it. They come with 20year warranity. I have a lot more then fibro like a cervical 2-3 disherniation which is very dangerous and painful. Since I got the mattress when i feel bad all I have to do is go and sit on it and some of the pain goes away. You only need the top part you can build platform for the bottom. If you do a search you can read up on it, I had mine since Aug and will never again go back to any other bed. Hope this helps. I use to post alot but just don't feel up to it any more. ALoha Ellie
  5. Dayle

Dayle New Member

mattress pad on top of a very good quality foam mattress. It was only $159US on the internet. It's 2" thick & made of similar foam as the tempurpedic. MUCH CHEAPER!!!
    G.Luck D