Need advice on Texas doctors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by yellowrose1, Oct 2, 2002.

1. yellowrose1

yellowrose1 New Member

Greetings everyone,
    I've noticed that there are several Texans on the board and I need some help. Seems the HMO that I am stuck in can't seem to diagnose anything wrong with me. I've been referred to "a good psychologist that can put mind body and spirit together" for me!! Anyone heard that one? Needless to say, I've lived with depression as far back as childhood and meds have never worked and I have taken them all.
    Anyway, I've reviewed the good doctor list and would love to hear some feedback about them or any information on ANY doctor that you have had success with.
    I live in central Texas and anxiously await your responses.
    Thanks in advance, Sonya
  2. yellowrose1

yellowrose1 New Member

Greetings everyone,
    I've noticed that there are several Texans on the board and I need some help. Seems the HMO that I am stuck in can't seem to diagnose anything wrong with me. I've been referred to "a good psychologist that can put mind body and spirit together" for me!! Anyone heard that one? Needless to say, I've lived with depression as far back as childhood and meds have never worked and I have taken them all.
    Anyway, I've reviewed the good doctor list and would love to hear some feedback about them or any information on ANY doctor that you have had success with.
    I live in central Texas and anxiously await your responses.
    Thanks in advance, Sonya
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hey Sonya---I live in Central Texas, too! I went thru hell trying to find a Doc to diagnose FMS and CFS.....but found a Doctor in Austin, on this sites "Good Doctor List"! I have been to him twice now---and am thouroughly impressed with he, and his staff. He's Dr. Thoreson, in Austin.
    I had been to tons of others in the area....and am so grateful to have found him. Please feel free to email me, if you have more questions. My email addy is on my profile, here.
    Hope this helps :)
    Karen
  4. yellowrose1

yellowrose1 New Member

Thanks Karen,
    Finding a good doc that will discuss things as adults with my husband and myself will be such a god-send.
    I'm tired of dealing with doctors that are limited by the insurance company they work for, or are way out of their league when it comes to diagnosing or referring to someone for another opinion.
    Any more input from the Texans(or anyone)on the board?
    Thanks in advance, Sonya
  5. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I didn't reply before because I didn't think you would want to come all the way to Houston. If you do I go to a Pain Management/Neurolgist/Neuro-oncologist. His name is Dr. Everton Edmondson near the Medical Center. Let me know if you need more info.

Cindy
  6. kiwi47

kiwi47 New Member

My Rheumatologist is Gerald Rosenberg in San Antonio, Texas. 210-680-8067. He is awesome and was very helpful in helping me get on disability.

nanak
  7. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Sonya--If you want a Doc that is willing to sit down and discuss your case....in its entirety, one who is willing to hear ALL your symptoms, without interuption (can you believe this? lol) This doc is the one for you--As a matter of fact--I almost felt guilty for the immense amount of time he spent with my husband, and myself.....it was incredible. And much to my disbelief--he listened attentively and even let me make some suggestions on my meds--wow! I had a prob. with one of the meds...and he actually got on the phone, to discuss it with me, since I live about an hour and a half from Austin!
    I forgot to mention in my first post---to you, that I had exhausted all the Drs. at S&W Hospital and Clinic,which I saw on your profile is in your home town.
    Karen