Need advice re: Mold

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Our waterbed mattress has been leaking off & on for several months--hopefully the new patch will last

Hubby says the mattress pad has mold on it. It is ancient and needs to be replaced but I'm not sure the best way to remove it.

I'm just going to throw it out, but when I take it off should I wear a mask? I think I will put it in a big yard bag so no mold will drop off in the house.

Then with hubby's help I will wash down the mattress and the sides with vinegar to help kill any other mold that may be hanging around.

Does this sound like I'm going about this right?

Thanks for any comments.
  2. floyd000

floyd000 New Member

My advice would be to can the water bed. Personally I wouldn't take the chance. And get rid of any carpets in the bedroom too!
  3. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

I think your methods should be a good "temporary" fix. I would definitely wear a mask. But you may want to consider a different kind of bed. Unless of course, this is the only kind of bed you can sleep on. I know we are all so different and have to do what works for us.

I am worried about it leaking though and only being "patched". This will not last forever.