Need advice!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by queenbee69, Nov 27, 2002.

1. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

This is my first time on this board, I frequent the fibro board daily. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason, although latley I am wondering why me, but I have always never truley believed in "God". I do believe that there is a "higher" power, but have had my doubts about how "God" does his bidding. Please don't judge me for this! I am going through some very hard times right now, with health problems, family issues and personal stuff. I guess what I need to know is, how do I put my doubts a side? I am a very strong person, but I feel myself losing the ability to fight and that scares me too death. Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time in reading this post! queenbee
  2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Welcome to the Worship Board! I want you to know that I read your post and will be praying for you. I will answer you more in detail but right now will be having company soon for Thanksgiving. I will post to you again soon.
    One Bible verse that I truly believe is: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved". This verse is for everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
    Harmony

3. selma

selma New Member

Let go and let God. He's there 24/7 He's up all night.
    Why me? is a good question. We all ask it. And many have doubts. It's OK. You are the only one that you are incharge of and responsible for and others have to take care of themselves. Put them in GOD's hands. You can pray to a higher power and in the quiet listen for the answer.
    I will pray for you. You are a child of GOD and therefore my sister. With lots of Love, Selma
  4. Kim

Kim New Member

We all seek the truth. Jesus is the truth and the truth will make you free! Pray and ask Jesus to come into your heart, accept his sacrifice, bathe in His peace, feel His comfort. Read the Word of God, find a Christian to answer your questions and be your friend.

Faith in God, reading the Word daily, living in the Lord can take your fear away, no matter what your circumstances.

I'm going through some very scary medical things right now and if I didn't have God, I can't imagine how I could cope.

God bless you.

Kim
  5. allhart

allhart New Member

that you should find a church there are many now that pray to a higher power,so you have a support systenm close to you to help during these hard times,
    we all hear will be praying for you,that you find your strenth once agin none of us hear will ever judge you for your belifes ,we are all here for you and i hope that we see you hear offten,
    hugs and prayers
    kara
  6. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

I want to"thank you" for answering my post. I guess I'm feeling alittle like a hypacrite because I have always said that I was not a true believer, and now that things are so bad for me, I find myself reaching out for something I have very little knowledge of. I will follow all of the advice that I have gotten so far and hope for the best. I think that the thought of my failing health and the xmas season,no money this year for the holidays and a major strain on my personal life are all factors. I have been a fighter since my car accident in 1974 and I do know that I can fight! I have just lost my will too. I have never in my life though alot of bad times, have every experienced depression. It really stinks! I do try everyday to just be positive but somedays it's difficult. I will give it my all!!!!Thanks again for all your help! queenbee
  7. Harmony

Harmony New Member

It was good to hear from you again and know that you are seeking God's help. Believe me, we are not going to judge you. We care. You mentioned that you have been struggling with doubts about your faith in God. Don't worry, God is not offended by your doubts, in fact when we get to a point of brokeness in our life is when God can do his greatest work. We have to remember also that we have a great adversary who certainly has the power to plant the seeds of doubt in our mind. That's why faith is the foundation of Christanity. Not a blind faith but a reasoned well thought out faith that comes from a study of Gods word. You are not alone in your feeling of helpless frustration at times. Please call out to God. He may not answer you in a miraclous way or in an immediate time table, but he will answer. I too, have been through hard times like all of us, but would not know what to do or where to turn to if I didn't have the Lord as my personal Savior. He is always with us and cares about our every needs. My prayers are with you, and God bless you as you desire to seek Him.

Love,
    Harmony

8. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Thank you once again for your new response. I am truly trying to learn the tools to help me help myself. In time I am confident that I will be able to succeed in finding the answers that I need. Thank you again.............queenbee
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Its wonderful to see you on this board too! We really love when people come here for prayer. It shows us that the Lord is blessing each and everyone one of us when we have a new comer join us here for prayer or advice.

Harmony gave you the very best advice, along with some others, and you can be assured that you will be prayed for in every possible way.

Our Lord sometimes allows us to get our 'backs' up against the wall,(especially the ones like you and myself who are so self sufficient, or so we think!).

I do believe that I was one of His most rebellious children to convince! I had my whole world under control, or so I thought!!

He simply loves us. Like the Apostle Paul, I had a Damascus Road conversion.
    He had to literally knock me down, mentally, physically and financially before I would bow these knees down and say, Oh Lord, I do need you, I can't make it without you, I accept you Chirst Jesus as my Lord and Saviour!

That was 34 years ago, and I have had my doubts about some things that have happened in my life since them, but never for a minute that I didn't think He was right beside me, in me, and always helping me make it through whatever crisis I found myself in.

I wondered at first, why He allowed me to live so long not believing, or believing in my silly fashion. But after a few years I realized that the experiences I had before I was saved were indispensible to spreading the Good News, of Christ,and Him crucified for my sins personally, and for the whole world!

It made my testimony more potent, as I was anything but a true believer before I was saved.

Get a Bible, if you don't have one write me, I will send you one. IF you have questions, write and I will answer all that I can for you.

You have reached the top of my prayer list! Be sure to let us know how you are doing, and if you need us for addition prayer or information, we are here.

Shalom, Shirl

Email; ShirlShalom@aol.com