need advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by motherjo, Jun 8, 2003.

1. motherjo

motherjo New Member

hi there family, here again with problems.#1 fibro #2 congestive heart failure .have tightness and fullness in chest area cant do any thing without getting really exhausted.I really have to stop and rest before doing anything else.Ihave had the test blocked arteries and they are fine and why i was in the hospital my blood work for my kidney acted but they fixed that so whats the nest step?
    any one else has this problem? thanks motherjo
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  3. athome

athome New Member

HI MOTHERJO---

I READ YOUR BIO BEFORE REPLYING, AND BOY!! EXCEPT THAT MY BP IS ALMOST ALWAYS LOW, WE HAVE ALL THE SAME THINGS.

IT WAS UNCLEAR TO ME WHETHER YOU ARE AFRAID YOU HAVE CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE OR WHETHER YOU HAVE ALREADY HAD IT DIAGNOSED.

THO I HAVE HAD SOME HEART PROBLEMS WHICH SEEM TO COME AND GO--ALL DIAGNOSED AND THEN UNDIAGNOSED--- I DO NOT HAVE CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE. MY CARDIOLOGIST AND IMMNOLOGIST WORK CLOSELY TOGETHER ON MY CASE, AS THERE IS A FEAR THAT AN ASTHMA ATTACK OR A BRONCHIALSPASM MAY LEAD TO A HEART ATTACK.

HOWEVER, I DO HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE W/ CONG. HEART FAILURE, AS OTHERS IN MY FAMILY HAVE HAD IT.

GRANDPA HAS HAD TO BE VERY CERTAIN HE GETS HIS POTASSIUM EVERY DAY, AND CANNOT GO ON LONG CAR TRIPS OR HAVE A LOT OF STRESS.

FLUID BUILDUP IS A PROBLEM HERE. YOU SAY THEY FIXED THE "KIDNEY PROBLEM." HAVE YOU BEEN PLACED ON RESTRICTED FLUIDS, OR ARE YOU AFRAID TO DRINK A LOT OF WATER?
    I WOULDN'T WANT YOU TO DO---- ANYTHING---- YOUR DOCTOR HAS TOLD YOU NOT TO,

BUT IT IS A COMMON MISCONCEPTION THAT
    DRINKING A LOT WILL JUST LEAD TO A PILEUP IN YOUR BODY. ACTUALLY, THE KIDNEYS REQUIRE SUFFICIENT FLUID TO RELEASE WASTES, SO IF IT'S OK W/ THE DOC, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK---WATER ONLY, AND PREFERABLY CLEAR SPRING WATER W/OUT ADDITIVES.

NEXT, WE SHARE SO MANY CONDITIONS, I WILL TELL YOU THAT THERE HAVE BEEN MANY MONTHS WHEREIN I, TOO, AM SO TIRED AFTER MINIMAL ACTIVITY, THAT I HAvE TO STOP & REST. 10 MINUTES ACTIVE/ AN HOUR INACTIVE.
    THEN GRADUALLY I CAN DO MORE.

DO NOT VACUUM. MY DR. ABSOLUTELY FORBIDS IT. IT IS REALLY QUITE STRENUOUS.

I AM JUST COMING OUT OF A LONG HARD RELAPSE, AND THO I CAN NOW BE OUT OF BED MOST OF A DAY, I STILL HAVE TO SIT OFTEN AND PUT MY FEET UP, AND FREQUENTLY TAKE LONG NAPS.

YOU MUST GET AS MUCH UNINERRUPTED REST, PREFERABLY GOOD SLEEP, AS YOU CAN. MORE DOCS SEEM TO BE AWARE OF THIS NOW AND TREAT POOR SLEEP ACCORDINGLY.

I TAKE 10-30MG FLEXERIL AND 25-100MG TRAZADONE BEFORE BED EVERY NIIGHT. BECAUSE WHEN I AM SOMEWHAT BETTER I NOTICE A BUILDUP OF THE TRAZADONE, I MAY NOT TAKE IT EVERY FOURTH NIGHT OR SO, TO EVEN THINGS OUT.

HOPE THIS HELPS. BY THE WAY, I ALSO KNOW ABOUT MINISTER'S WIVES/FAMILIES. MY STEPFARTER WAS A MINISTER, AND I ALMOST MARRIED ONE FOR A SECOND HUSBAND. WHEN I DECIDED NOT TO, THE KIDS AND I DID NOT GET OUT OF OUR PAJAMAS ON A SUNDAY FOR A WHOLE MONTH!!!

YOU WILL HAVE TO STOP BEING THE ASSISTANT MINISTER, THE CHIEF COOK AND BOTTLE WASHER, ETC.

IF YOU ARE PATIENT ABOUT MEDS, REST, NO COLA DRINKS, NO ARTIFICIAL SUGARS, CLEAR WATER, GOOD FOOD, YOU MAY COME OUT OF IT TO A DEGREE, BUT I THINK WE ALWAYS HAVE TO BE PREPARED FOR A RELAPSE, AND ALWAYS GUARD OUR REST.

YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS. NANALYS
    [This Message was Edited on 06/09/2003]
  4. Jen F

Jen F New Member

from family friends who have had congestive heart failure.

Know your limits and rest when you are tired, short of breath. Avoid stairs, poor air quality etc.

Reducing fluid retention like was said in the prev post very important.

Hope it improves soon!

Jen F