Need answers for leg pain please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Aug 19, 2005.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

Hi. I'm sure we all have leg pain but this is getting worse.Mine hurt from the knees on down. When I'm sitting like now they hurt so bad. I try to prop them up but it doesn't do any good. They go numb even worse than before. They've been doin this for a long time though just more now.It's worse in the left leg and that's the leg and foot that hurts the most when I walk,sit stand,whatever.My leg feels like it's tingling and crawling. It's hard to explain.

Do you think it is bad circulation? If so I'm had this for yrs. My arms and hands do the same thing but my leg worries me. I remember in my 20's I told the dr my arms and hands were goin numb and he said-well you're not a smoker and usually smokers get that so I'm not sure. That's it. over the yrs. it has gotten worse. My hands go numb in a matter of seconds like holding a pen or a mirror putting makeup on,etc. And of course the arms and hands go numb if I lean on them.

Any suggestions for me. What do you do for this??

Thanks ahead of time. Keke
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

You need a doc to take you seriously and give you some neurological function tests, MRI, possible spinal tap. You can't let this go. FMers don't usually do numb. I do pain real well, I'm an expert really (certified at school of hard knocks), but I've rarely had numb except for the usual sitting on a foot thing.

Jeanne
  3. DPgirl

DPgirl New Member

I have FM and something called thoracic outlet syndrome in my left shoulder. It's where the area that the nerve runs through is too compressed and when I raise my arm my fingers and hand will go numb and tingle. At night, I have problems with my hands, fingers and feet going numb. My left side is also the worst. My legs will be sore and hurt during the day -- the FM causes my bur sacs to become inflamed so that's the knees, ankles, hips, ankles -- all just way too much fun for me!!! I would check with the Dr. to have him run some tests though. There are way too many things out there with similar symptoms and if it is getting worse that can never be a good thing. Best wishes and prayers for you.....Pam