need breakfast casserole for Xmas, made the night before?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Asatrump, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I would like to prepare something the night before that I can bake Christmas day when I figure out the arrival time of the family.

I have heard of some made with bread and egg, but please share. Family would love something maybe with sausage links? Not fussy eaters, all ideas would be appreciated.

Otherwise I think I will just end up with the grands cinnamon rolls, but that sets the tone for a sugar high with the young ones.
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Noodle pudding is made similar to bread pudding, except you use fettuccine noodles. It really comes out yummy. You make a mix similar to breadpudding: milk, sugar, cinnamon, eggs, vanilla or almond extract, crushed pinapple or other fruit like peaches mashed up and raisins. Toss it all with cooked noodles and bake it about an hour. It's really delicious.
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I have a recipe I tried last was good!
    Sonoran Sunrise Bake
    1 pound bacon
    2 T. butter
    1/2 c. chopped onion
    3 T. chopped roasted red peppers (I used fresh red pepper
    and sauteed it with the onion)
    1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies, drained
    7 thick bread slices, cut into cubes
    1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
    1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey jack cheese or pepper jack
    8 eggs
    2 c. milk
    1/2 t. chili powder
    Cook bacon and drain, crumble and set aside.
    Heat butter in skillet and sautee onions and peppers.
    Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan. Arrange bread in bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with bacon and cheeses.
    Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add milk and chili powder; mix. Stir in onion mixture. Pour evenly over casserole. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
    Remove casserole from fridge and let stand for 30 minutes.
    Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Remove plastic and bake for one hour, or until center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serves 14.

It was good, but I didn't put a whole pound of bacon in.....more like 10 slices.
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I make a egg casserole the night before and put in frig.
    8 /10 slices of white bread.
    1 roll of sausage.
    12 eggs
    1teas,dry mustard
    1 pkg chedder ch.

Brown sausage. drain
    beat eggs with milk ,
    break bread into chunks. add rest of ingred,s
    and bake for 1hr at 350 o or until knife comes out clean,
    its very good.
    I serve with a fruit salad, coffee cake.
    & orange Jc. sixtyslady
  5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Oh - I've got a couple of 'killer' casseroles that I make!! One is an egg casserole and one is a Blueberry French Toast casserole - both made the night before. I have to go look for my recipes and I'll try to post tomorrow. If you don't want the French toast one, let me know so I don't go to the trouble of posting it (oh and looking for it!!!) =)

6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Just found out I am making a turkey, home made stuffing etc. on Xmas eve day. Won't have much gusto left at the end of the day for sure. May have to bail and just have bagels or boxed donuts.

Every fiber of our lives is ruled by fms.... we get only just so many spoons per day, and I fear mine will be gone even before dinner on the 24th..

I watch my neighbor, and all the things she can schedule and accomplish in a day.

I sat yesterday with my foot elevated and a stupid, very stupid ingrown toenail. What a dumb thing to keep me down. gggrrrrrrr A day totally lost.

I get upset with myself for doing so little, but in October I lost two friends both younger than myself to horrible cancer deaths. And times like this when I want to whine, I think of the fact they can do nothing with their families at the holiday, and the enormous void. Thinking of Jean and Carm is like a punch in the gut.

wow....... how did a recipe create a wine ? (whine) Sorry, as I realize this is like preaching to the choir, we are all in the same sorority from hades.