Need breathing exercises as I've lots of gulping, yawning, diffs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Aug 27, 2005.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

breathing all day everyday...scary...there all the time but worse for exposure to chemicals, any exercise even minimal..

Can anyone post breathing exercises that might strengthen my lungs or improve my breathing esp when around irritants when they're unavaoidable?

TIA Shelbo
  2. darude

darude New Member

Gulping yawning etc really wierd isn't it. Will check for posts.
  3. summerskye

summerskye New Member

I yawn a lot, too, although not always triggered by chemicals. When I sit down after fixing a meal or doing laundry, etc... I yawn and yawn and yawn some more. Usually, the only relief is to lay down and take a nap - even a 15 minute powernap will help. Yawning is your body's way of telling you "you need some zzzzzzzs!"
  4. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Do any of you get the gulping and yawning all day every day and get it so bad that it results in chest pain almost continuously and is it like you can't help but do the sharp intake of breath stuff over nad over during the day? And does a/o get a fullness in their sinuses when it happens plus a heaviness in the throat and even worse fatigue, like bad sleepiness?
    TIA Shelbo
  5. shelbo

shelbo New Member

6. shelbo

shelbo New Member

7. shelbo

shelbo New Member

8. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

An irregular heartbeat (PVCs) is what causes my yawning and gulping. Sometimes I cannot fully inhale. It feels like there is a hand on my chest keeping me from inhaling fully.

I sit there with my mouth opening and closing like a fish and sometimes yawning will get it down, sometimes it won't.

It happened to me yesterday afternoon and I had to sit down and then get up and walk around until I could get that breath in. I was starting to get dizzy from the shallow breathing before it finally eased up.

I can feel the irregular beat in my pulse. My heart will beat normally, then I feel it slow way down, then it skips a beat and then goes back to fast beats to catch up.

It gets worse with stress. I had a stress echocardiogram years ago for it and was told it smoothed out under exercise and was not anything to worry about.

Heart doc said many people have irregular heartbeats and never even know it.

Sonya