Need Dessert Recipes: less sugar, and fat though

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Apr 10, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some dessert recipes that do not have a lot of sugar, no wheat, more of a gluten free type of things to make.
    I can't handle dairy foods these days however I have discovered Soy Dream which amazingly did not affect my stomach or cause more pain.

I have every sort of fruit recipe out there imaginable.

So I was wondering if you had any recipes or could guide me to a book or site? I already have The Fibromyalgia Cookbook but they don't have a lot about dessert of course. However I am needing something to help battle with my DESIRE for sugar and I rarely ever eat it as I already know what will happen.

Currently I am buying some popsicle sticks to pour my shakes in and freeze for a fun snack for later.

So any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks and many hugs,
    Nicole

[This Message was Edited on 04/10/2006]
  2. Bet2

Bet2 New Member

"Whole Foods Store where you are? If not then go on the web under google and search for gluten free products and you will come up with a wealth of products; including sweet stuff that will just amaze you.

Cake receipes and cookie's too that are in a package that you just add eggs and water too or whatever.

I also have a sweet toothe and have had to look for alternative types of food as I cannot eat any of the wheat, sugar or gluten either.

So try one of those two things; you will be pleasantly surprised.

One more thing; if you have to add sugar try raw honey; you can find that at any health food store.

Bet2
  3. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Oh thank you thank you thank you! I don't have a Whole Foods but there is a store called Henry's Marketplace which I believe is owned by Wild Oats. I am in there every week buying things. I just wish I could find out a way to get some heavy discounts on their foods as it is expensive and I am nowhere near senior citizen age to attain some of those special programs they have just for seniors.

It is sooooo hard to combat my sweet tooth fix and I am trying so hard to not have the bad stuff because of all their contents. Once in awhile I have something but it is so rare.

Thank you so much!
    Many hugs,
    Nicole
  4. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

This is a recipe I love...made with whole, live foods...

I don't have exact measurements but you can add more or less of an ingrediant as you wish.

50% Hemp Seed flour
    45% Carob powder
    5% Mesquite pod meal (you don't have to have this, you can just use more Hemp see flour)

Add 1 tbs Almond butter (again you can go without if you have to)

then add 3tbs soft or melted coconut oil.

stir ingredients with a fork. If it's too soft you can add more carob or hemp, if too hard at more coconut oil.

The idea is to get it to a consistency where you can roll them into balls.

You can eat them as they are, or refrigerate and eat later.

You can also roll the balls in ground nuts or hemp nuts.

enjoy...enjoy...enjoy...

No guilt, and the coconut oil is very anti yeast and anti fungal...no need to worry about candida...
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I haven't tried this...let me know if you do!
    2 1/8 c. rye flour
    1 1/2 t. baking soda
    1 t. cinnamon
    1/4 t. cloves
    3 T. oil
    2/3 c. pineapple juice concentrate
    2/3 c. water
    1 c. shredded carrots
    1/2 c. raisins
    Make with cycle for quick bread, or mix dry ingredients, add liquids, then stir in carrots and raisins. Bake in greased pan
    (9 x 9) for 30-40 minutes, or until done.
    This is from a cookbook I found at our health food store, called "Easy Bread Making- For Special Diets" by Nicolette M. Dumke. Hope this helps! Terri
  6. crdmkr2004

crdmkr2004 New Member

Hi there
    I have been doing the south beach diet and one dessert that I like that is QUICK,low fat and doesn't have any flou.r Almond Ricotta Creme-if you like tiramasu type dessert than you'll love this. It's my favourite

1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
    1/4 tsp almond extract
    1 package sugar substitute (splenda or equivelent)
    1 tsp slivered toasted almonds
    Dollop of light or fat free coolwhip

Mix first 3 ingredients together in a bowl. Chill (although I haven't waited long enough to chill it), toast the almonds in non-stick pan on stove (watch carefully so they don't burn and don't use any spray or oil) . Add dollop of cool whip on chilled ricotta and sprinkle toasted almonds on top, I like to add a dask of cinnamon and/or nutmeg sometimes too. Hope you like it, let me know okay.

Take care
    Sandy
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi

i just get this in the instant form and mix it with 2 cups of skimmilk , shake or use a mixer for 1 minute -pour into 1 cup container and add 1 tbs of fat free whip cream and enjoy!!...................it comes in alot of different flavors !
    something simple but tastes great! sisland
  8. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

what's pretty yummy is this:

make a salad of fruit pieces like bananas, oranges, melon, grapes, strawberries, etc.

let it sit a while in the frig and it'll develop a bit of a syrup.

then cut a slice of plain angel food cake, add a dollop of vanilla yogurt, spoon some fruit salad over it.

if you want a bit of 'flare', just mound some fat free cool whip.

it's really good and virtually fat free!!! it's pretty too!
  9. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I love these because yu can make individual servings. Just slice up the fruit of your choice like an apple, a peach, strawberries, blackberries or blueberries into a custard cup or ramekin. Sprinkle with a pack of Stevia and mix it up. Take 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and mix with half a pack of Stevia ans a little bit of butter and sprinkle on top. Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy.

I also buy Vans wheat free waffles in the blueberry flavor. The have a very small amount of sugar and are wheat free. Also mix plain yogurt with Stevia and chopped fresh fruit.

The sugar thing is really really tough but I did get over it in two weeks or so. Then sweet things tast really sweet to you! Lynn

I buy Stevia in individual packets at GNC because I can take them in my purse.
  10. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

Thsi is quick, easy and yummy on those hot days.

1 large tub of sugar free flavoured yogourt

1 tub of sugar free/fat free cool whip

mix them both together and pour into a ready made crust (or home made, I cannot make crust) - I personally use the keebler graham cracker crust - put in freezer till frozen.

Let sit for a few minutes before cutting and serving.

Enjoy :)
  11. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

Go to htt://www.foodchoices.com/allergy-safe-recipes.php I found sugar free and gluten free recipes there.
    Hope this helps.

Lillyrose