Need Doc in Dallas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksuddock, Aug 15, 2003.

1. ksuddock

ksuddock New Member

Hi! After suffering for the last several months with hives and muscle/joint pain, in addition to seeing several doctors who are unable to diagnose, I believe I may have CF. Can anyone recommend a doctor in the Dallas area?
  2. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

I live about 60 miles north of Dallas, in Sherman, and see a rheumatologist here but I will see if I can find some names for you. My mother is seeing one in the Dallas area and I think his name is Cheatum or something. I don't know how well she likes him as I think she's only seen him twice now. Sorry I can't help much but just wanted to say hi to a fellow texan.
    Also, if you look up in the top of the page there is a "Doctor Referral" tab. Click on it, and in the top area of that page will be several options you can click on. One is "Co Cure CFS and Good Doctor List". Click on that and it has a few dr.s listed in the Dallas area you might want to check into. good luck[This Message was Edited on 08/15/2003]
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. YOu can call FM Network at; 1-800-853-2929 and ask for a referral for CFS, I am sure they can help.

Also we have many members here from Texas, but the board has been slow with the electrical outages. I could not get on myself for close to 24 hours.

Again, welcome to the board and I sure hope you find a doctor soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Believe

Believe New Member

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself to you, My name is Linda and I too live in Dallas, Texas. I would love to get to know you better so that I would have someone to talk to when you or I need to share about our FM/CFS. You can get more info on me if you check out my profile. Feel free to call or e-mail me anytime. My Primary Care Provider is in Richardson, Texas. I also see a RM, Sleep Dr. & Neuroilgist . I have been diagnoised for 2 yrs. but, I believe I have had it all my life. My 1st memory of the pain waking me up is at age 4 or 5 yrs. old. I have had flare ups thru the years and would just end up at the emergency room. By the time I got to the Dr. The symptoms were gone. They started getting worse in the last 12 years. well, hope to hear from you. I will give you my Dr.s # when you call or e-mail me.
    Hope you find that special Dr. we are all looking for soon.

P.S. I too have experienced the hives!

Believe