Need doc in North Alabama

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by brooke6975, Dec 28, 2005.

1. brooke6975

brooke6975 New Member

Hello Everyone. First of all, I love this board. There is a wealth of information here and I thank each of you for taking your time to post. I have suffered with Fibro for 4 years now and I have recently realized that is what is wrong with me. I do not have a regular doctor that I see. Does anyone know of a good doctor in North Alabama? Thanks so much!!
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

at the top of this page. Another source is Devan Starn..(can't remember) website. Type in The Fibriomyalgia Advocate in your search engine. She has a list there also.
  3. brooke6975

brooke6975 New Member

Thanks so much. I appreciate it. This will give me a start.
  4. brooke6975

brooke6975 New Member

I am in Florence. So you are real close to me. :) I have always just went to Med-Plus when I was sick, in pain etc. I need a regular family doctor Im sure, but have never had one. I want someone to help me with my pain. My mother is a nurse and has told me for several years that I had fibro symptoms. I also am going to a psychiatrist for drepression. I do not want to take pain killers. I have never been able to take them, they have always made me sick. I just need help and want someone to show me at least how to ease the pain. It has gotten worse and I dont know how I can bear it if it gets any worse. I just dont know where to turn. Thanks Again.
  5. Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans New Member

I use the Rhuematology Associates of North Alabama--they have an office in Florence...just get your doctor to give you a referral...
  6. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

It's not Florence but my Family Doctor is in Madison and I really love her!

She is the one that diagnosed me with the FM and CFS and we have been on this journey together. She is really awesome!

Her name is Dr. Cindy McAdams and she is Family Practice of Madison.

If you are interested I can give you the phone number or you can look it up.

Although she does not specialize it FM or CFS she is a really awesome and compassionate doctor!

kate