Need Doctor in Tampa, FL - PLEASE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foxglove9922, Mar 13, 2006.

1. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I have a good friend who is running a constant low grade fever, swollen glands, body aches especially knee joints, fatigued, and have a raised rash across her nose and cheeks as well as chest which gets worse in the sun, periods are becoming irregular, constant headache.......hhhmmmm.........I'm no Einstein but sounds a bit like Lupus.

She has military insurance only and the doc is saying first it was the flu, then depression, and now hypochrondriac. This has been going on for 3 months. Of course a good rhuemy would be able to pick up on anything like this but she must jump through the military hurdles first which is not happening for her.

Anyone know of a good doc in Tampa/Brandon area with a knowledge of CFS/Lupus who will take military insurance only? She's probably in a catch 22 with the military insurance as typically a military doc will say "buck up soldier and get back out there". So far no bloodwork has been done.

Many thanks to anyone who can help out........foxglove
    [This Message was Edited on 03/13/2006]
  2. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

bumping in hopes someone sees this
  3. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

4. jane32

jane32 New Member

but I did some research on neurotoxins and saw that you were treating them with Questran. Do you think that helped you? are you still on it?

I just created a new post about the test. I have a lot of flu like symptoms-recurring fevers and some one recommended the test I was just a little weary.

Thank you.

I hope someone can help you with your question.
  5. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I stopped the Questran awhile back as I wasn't seeing any further progress. How are you fairing?

I'm back on my ProBoost kick which has given me some quality of life.

6. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Thank you Nancy,,,,,seems a bit rash to have to go to the ER but she seems to be in a catch 22 situation and my heart is breaking for her.
  7. jane32

jane32 New Member

I take proboost three times a day. It has helped but I did that neurotoxin test online and was positive so Ithoguht I might check out the med. I was just cruious if it had helped you but I guess not.

ah..keep plugging away:)

[ advertisement ]