Need Doctor in Tampa, FL - PLEASE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foxglove9922, Mar 13, 2006.

1. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I have a good friend who is running a constant low grade fever, swollen glands, body aches especially knee joints, fatigued, and have a raised rash across her nose and cheeks as well as chest which gets worse in the sun, periods are becoming irregular, constant headache.......hhhmmmm.........I'm no Einstein but sounds a bit like Lupus.

She has military insurance only and the doc is saying first it was the flu, then depression, and now hypochrondriac. This has been going on for 3 months. Of course a good rhuemy would be able to pick up on anything like this but she must jump through the military hurdles first which is not happening for her.

Anyone know of a good doc in Tampa/Brandon area with a knowledge of CFS/Lupus who will take military insurance only? She's probably in a catch 22 with the military insurance as typically a military doc will say "buck up soldier and get back out there". So far no bloodwork has been done.

Many thanks to anyone who can help out........foxglove
    [This Message was Edited on 03/13/2006]
  2. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

bumping in hopes someone sees this
  3. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

4. jane32

jane32 New Member

but I did some research on neurotoxins and saw that you were treating them with Questran. Do you think that helped you? are you still on it?

I just created a new post about the test. I have a lot of flu like symptoms-recurring fevers and some one recommended the test I was just a little weary.

Thank you.

I hope someone can help you with your question.
  5. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I stopped the Questran awhile back as I wasn't seeing any further progress. How are you fairing?

I'm back on my ProBoost kick which has given me some quality of life.

foxglove
  6. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Thank you Nancy,,,,,seems a bit rash to have to go to the ER but she seems to be in a catch 22 situation and my heart is breaking for her.
  7. jane32

jane32 New Member

I take proboost three times a day. It has helped but I did that neurotoxin test online and was positive so Ithoguht I might check out the med. I was just cruious if it had helped you but I guess not.

ah..keep plugging away:)