Need Doctor in Wisconsin for Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janieb, Dec 28, 2005.

1. janieb

janieb New Member

I realize I posted this once over the holidays, but maybe some of you missed it. I'm looking for a doctor in Wisconsin who used the protocol for Fibromyalgia suggested by Dr. St. Amand. If anyone knows of a doctor, or any doctor who is especially dedicated to fibro patients, I'd appreciate hearing from you. This has been 15 years of misery and I find most doctors give up after a while.

Thanks.
  2. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I know there are several doctors in the Milwaukee and Madison areas that deal with FMS...but not sure about that protocol.
  3. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

I see Dr. Karen Vrchota in Winona Minnesota, right on the river border between MN and WI. I don't know how far that is for you. I drive 3 hours to see Dr. V and it is worth every minute. I use guai, tho don't follow all of his protocols--don't avoid all salicylites (sp?). I was prescribed it by a doc before dr. V, who believed it worked in a different way than St. Armand. It gives me relief even tho I don't follow all protocols.

Dr. V follows protocols of Jacob Teitelbaum and does many of the same things as FFC's. She is incredibly intelligent, compassionate, etc. You might google her to learn about her--interest in lymes as well--or look at her site, www.karenvrchota.com . I hope you find a good doc. Blessings to you. Jen102
  4. janieb

janieb New Member

We have a Wisconsin based health insurance, so it would be much less expensive for us to stay in Wisconsin. Madison would work, although the Eau Claire area would be the best.

Thanks for responding.
  5. janieb

janieb New Member

Might be able to get away with a doctor through the Mayo Clinic. Our insurance is based in Wisconsin, so there's less of a deductible if we stay in state.

Thank you for responding.
  6. janieb

janieb New Member

Can you give me a name, address and phone number for your doctor. That would only be a few hours for us, too. The last doctor I found was in Illinois, so this would be lots closer.
  7. mje

mje New Member

I do know that Dr. David Nye is in a clinic in Eau Claire. He has FMS info on a website...If you do a Google seach with his name you will be able to find out more about him. Also, if you are familiar with Dr. Teitelbaum,
    he has a list of some Wisonsin MD"s (and nurse categories, etc.) I have not been to any of them, and I do not know if they follow his protocol. I may be looking for another FM
    doctor soon...myself. Right now I am not getting a lot of help. Good luck. MJE (Dr. Teitelbaum's website is given in his book "From Fatigued to Fantastic")
  8. ClasiAnFun1

ClasiAnFun1 New Member

Hi
    Dr Cindy Bender at Dean Clinics is great
    d
  9. janieb

janieb New Member

Dr. Nye, in Eau Claire is the person who diagnosed my fibromyalgia 15 years ago. We worked with him for several years, but I felt when my symptoms got worse, he gave up on me. Thanks for the name, though. All information is appreciated.